Chapter 4: Declaration of War

(Falco's POV)

I was getting ready for the day. I got dressed into my casual clothes and put my red armband on. Then I started hearing people and music. I remembered, today was the festival.

"Mom, Dad! Where's Colt?" I asked

"He went out early to talk with War Chief Zeke." she answered

Dad then asked "You're going out there to have fun with your friends right?"

"Yes! The Warriors are chaparoning us for the day until the performence tonight." I said. You know I'm doing my part so that you can have a better life, as well as my children and their children."

"We know." Dad said. "And that's why we're proud of you."

I felt a few tears leave my eyes as I felt happiness.

"Well, I'm off! Have a good day." I said

"You too!" they both replied

I started exploring the festival and was in shock and awe. Soon Udo, Zopia, Pieck, and Porco were able to find me. They told me that Reiner was gonna catch up, so we went to find Gabi.

(Normal POV)

"Gabi"

Gabi turned around to see her friends.

"Falco?! What going on out here?!" she asked

People have been setting up food stalls entertainment spots and everything!" Falco replied with excitment. "Try this!"

He shoves the ice cream into her mouth and her eyes widen by the taste.

"This is delicious!" she says with joy. "Why are we still standing here let's go!

They started ruuning through the festival while Porco and Pieck watch.

"It's nice. Isn't it?" Porco said

"Yeah. It's perfect." Pieck replied. "The least we can do is make today as fun as we can for them."

"You're right. who knows how many years they'll have left."

"As many if we can defeat that Island." They turned around to see Reiner.

"And where have you been?" Porco asked

"Had to finish a report this morning." he answered. "Come on we don't wannt lose them."

They were all seeing amazing entertainment and trying delicious food. But the problem is, the kids didn't have enough money to buy anything. So they gave Reiner the puppy eyes, and he caved in. He bought them burgers, burritos, and pizza while Porco and Pieck were able to afford their own. He looked at Gabi and Falco having fun and smile.

(8:00 before the Performence)

Everyone was gathering at the stage. There were Ambassadors from countries that supported Marley, Military higher ups, and Eldians as well

"There are so many supporters of Marley." Udo said

"Most of these people are close friends of Willy Tyber, so of course they would come out here to hear him." Gabi replied

Before they would continue, a soldier approached the Warrior Unit.

He called two names. "Warriors Reiner Braun and Falco Grice?"

They both got close to the soldier. "Yes?" Reiner answered

"I need you two to come with me immediately."

"Can I ask why?" Falco asked

"We may have reason to believe the enemy might strike here tonight and will come for you two. Tell the others is standerd procedure."