Chapter Seven

Y/N's POV

"Wow. I'd never thought about it that way before . . ." I trailed off into silence, my thoughts thoroughly absorbed by the genius train of thinking Namjoon had just set me on. Only the sound of the professor clearing his throat caught my attention, making me speculate as to how long I'd been lost in quiet thought.

"Sorry," I chuckled, sliding my tablet back into my bag seeing as the hour of tutoring was over. Namjoon let out a little laugh too, standing up and stretching his arms over his head.

"Don't let Jungkookie overhear you using the 'S' word again, he won't let you have any cinnamon rolls," he warned with a grin, moving towards the door. I chuckled once again as I followed him.

"That would be the true definition of punishment." I joked, trailing after Namjoon.

"Y/N!!! You're finally done!" Jungkook rocketed towards me from the direction of the kitchen, his black ears flopping forward into his face as he came to an abrupt halt right in front of me. I couldn't help the huge grin that took over my face upon his sudden arrival.

"You're still gonna stay and watch 'Brooklyn 99' with me, right? And eat lots of cinnamon rolls, right?" His dark eyebrows creased in question, his front teeth digging slightly into his bottom lip.

"Absolutely! I've been looking forward to it all day." I gushed, finding the bunny's excitement contagious.

"What's this? You two have a date?" Namjoon looked between Jungkook and I, a broad smile on his face. I nearly snapped my neck looking up at the grinning man, flames erupting over my cheeks.

"Wha-a d-date? It's not, I mean, we were just gonna, um, what . . . Um, I-I thought you knew, sir, I mean N-Namjoon." Words barrelled out of my mouth in a complete mess, my eyes flitting between the man and the hybrid, both of whom had matching grins.

"Relax, honey! I was just teasing you," Namjoon assured me, chuckling as he lightly touched my wrist. I laughed nervously before blurting out that I needed to use the bathroom and hurrying in its direction. Locking the door behind me, I leaned heavily on the sink, looking at my flushed face in the mirror. It didn't really surprise me to see that while my cheeks were naturally crimson, my eyes were bright with excitement, my lips curled in a definite smile of happiness.
After splashing a little water on my overheated cheeks, I tugged at the hem of the soft sweater I was wearing, straightening it out before heading out of the bathroom.

I was about to make my way into the kitchen when I noticed that Jungkook was standing just outside Namjoon's study, his long ears perked. He smiled when he saw me and I realised he had been waiting for me. I bit my lip against my smile.

"Come on, I'll show you where the living room is." He reached out and slid my bag from where it was still slung awkwardly over my shoulder, hanging it up carefully on one of the hooks by the front door as we walked passed it. It felt strangely releasing to walk away from my bag. I knew my phone was in there, tucked away at the bottom, still on silent mode from my session with Namjoon. I knew as I followed Jungkook into the living room that I wouldn't be able to hear it vibrate from here. I wouldn't be able to hear if my father was trying to contact me.

"Hi, Y/N. Nice to see you again. You wanna sit with me?" The smooth voice of Seokjin met my ears and I looked to see that the handsome dog hybrid was smiling at me and patting the spot next to him on the sofa.

"Noo!" Jungkook yelped, reaching out and winding an arm around my waist. I blinked up at him with wide eyes, a little surprised to see that he was frowning at the older hybrid. After a few moments of glaring at Jin, Jungkook looked down at me with a little smile.