Chapter Sixteen

Y/N's POV

I woke up feeling surrounded by warmth, blinking my eyes open slowly until they focused on a still sleeping Jungkook.

True to his promise, he was still holding me close in his arms, blush dusting over my cheeks as I took in the way my chest was pressed up against his, how near our faces lay together on one pillow.

I wiggled a little in his hold, freeing my arm enough to lightly brush his hair from his eyes, as well as very gently moving one long black ear that was flopped against his cheek. He was still dead asleep, my touch coaxing zero reaction from him. Feeling a little braver, I ran the tips of my fingers gently across his brow. Tracing the length of his nose, I held my breath as I softly touched his deep pink lips. They parted and he let out a tiny noise close to a sigh, my fingertip frozen on his bottom lip.

Resuming my gentle touches, I traced the soft petals of his pretty lips over and over again. I had to bite back a giggle as he smacked his lips at one point, his eyebrows quirking in his sleep. Moving my attention lower, I used the tip of my pinkie finger to circle the little mole just below his bottom lip, thinking that it reminded me of the chocolate chips I'd used to decorate Jungkook's ice cream last night.

I felt so safe and contented and in love as I lay there in his arms, not wanting the moment to ever end as I leaned in to press a soft kiss to his cute little mole.

"Mm." Jungkook let out a sleepy sounding grunt at that, his body coming to life as he shuffled around a little.

"Morning JK." I whispered, trying to contain a squeal as he let out more adorable sounding  sleepy grunts and squeaks, his eyelids fluttering open and closed, his nose scrunching as he slowly woke up.

"Mm." He grunted again, heavy lidded eyes finally staying open a little as he looked at me with a dozy expression, soft lips pouty. It seemed to take him a minute to register my presence, eyes blinking a few times before they popped wide.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed with a massive grin, his black ears startling me as they flicked suddenly. I nodded and giggled as he hugged me tighter to him, squeezing me against his chest and dotting tiny kisses all over my face. "Did you sleep well, baby? Did you have any more nightmares?"

"Nope." I assured him. "I had a really good sleep, Kooks. Thanks to you." I kissed the tip of his nose, earning a little laugh from him.

"M'glad." He yawned widely then, stretching out his arms before winding them back around me. "So, what would you like to eat for break-"

Jungkook's question was interrupted suddenly by his bedroom door bursting open, the tall slim figure of a frowning dog hybrid filling the doorway.

"Aw crap . . ." Jungkook barely whispered, his ears wilting.

I gulped, peeking nervously at Jin oppa.

"Bun. I thought you and I made some very clear ground rules after Namjoonie tucked you in last night." He said to Jungkook, his voice soft, expression serious as he slowly walked towards the bed.

"Yeah I know but . . ." Jungkook's attempts to speak were halted as Seokjin raised a hand.

"No buts, Koo. You were supposed to stay downstairs and respect little one's privacy." Jin said, throwing another stern look at my poor bunny before his eyes turned to me, softening immediately.
"Good morning, little one." He said with a little smile, reaching to gently smooth down my hair.

"M-Morning Jin oppa. Um, you should know that I, um, I asked Jungkookie to stay with me last night." I said, chewing on my lip afterward and trying to subtly press closer to JK beneath the blankets.