v. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘨𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘮

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄v

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
v. the ugly grim

✧ • °. ⋆ ★˙ ° • ✧

Lyra's days have become a little more peaceful, and even though she never thought she would be thankful to Marcus Flint of all people —well, here she was.

Every day they both dueled, and every day, Lyra won, and at the end of each day, Flint would demand a rematch. At the end of the duel, they both grew exhausted and were literally dead on their feet. With their body aching, all they wanted is to give in to the darkness and sleep.

Fortunately for her, even when Flint managed to get her a good few times, he didn't put an end to their daily duels. Marcus decided Lyra was a formidable duel partner and asked her if they could continue. And Lyra wasn't going to lose the opportunity to rest peacefully at night without her past haunting her. So she agreed without any reluctance. And after a week or so, it had become a routine of sorts.

Lyra also knows Flint was suspicious about her new-found dueling skills. Because it had only been less than a year that she had sunk to her knees, gasping for breath in the dueling club conducted by Gilderoy Lockhart after being hit with a tickling charm by Harry Potter of all people in the wizarding world. And Flint had commented about it too many times, not quite believing she had learned the NEWT level spells during the holidays. But Flint, being a Slytherin understands the significance of secrets, how lethal and powerful they can be, so he didn't push it.

Not that Lyra would have told him a lick about it anyway, even if pried.

However, a lot of students had, of course, seen the couple together so often that a rumor came to life that they were dating. It traveled through the school like wildfire. People can be stunningly unobservant, Lyra thought. Besides, Lyra wouldn't have given them much thought about such things, but when her mother sent her an owl demanding to know if it was true, she could no longer ignore it.

As the only heir to Malfoy's fortune, Lyra was quite a catch among other noble houses. And unlike other heirs and heiresses, she didn't have any fixed betrothal contracts, making her available to many suitors. So it wasn't a surprise her mother demanded to know if she was really dating the Flint heir.

But how could Lyra explain to her mother and make her believe that Marcus bloody Flint is not interested in anyone that isn't Oliver Wood?

Lyra also knew Flint would never say anything against the rumor in hopes to not jeopardize the perfect opportunity to get his parents off his back. But in no way was Lyra letting him get away to deal with the mess all on her own.

Those demanding circumstances got to where they were now.

"Alright, Ladies," Lyra began in a cajoling tone. "Do you know just how badly my reputation will be ruined if someone were to see you two snogging in this broom closet?" She put her fingers on her mouth and widened her eyes, "The Scandal!" she imitated. "What if people start announcing that me being your girlfriend has turned you against dating any other girls, that you had to go get it from our arch-enemy, the Gryffindor Captain?"