vii. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍vii

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
vii. the first cousin once removed

✧ • °. ⋆ ★˙ ° • ✧

Lyra felt like the people in Hogwarts could never catch a break. It seemed like a new problem pops up year after year. And somehow, Potter seems to be the center of it every bloody time. She and her friends hadn't even propped themselves on the couches of Slytherin common room after coming from the Halloween feast, and out of nowhere, the head of their house, Severus Snape, marched in, demanding everyone to go back to the Great Hall due to an emergency.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Lyra had a hard time keeping a straight face when Dumbledore joined the students from Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw ten minutes later and addressed the students who looked extremely confused.

Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here," The headmaster continued. "I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall, and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy Weasley, who was looking immensely proud and pompous. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing—"

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave and the floor had been suddenly covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him. The hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors' were telling the rest of the school what had just happened.

Lyra, however, rolled her eyes, looking unbothered by the fact that Sirius Black was inside the Castle. So, not wasting her time, unlike the people around her, who seemed to be positively agog for the new piece of gossip and were asking one another the same question of "How did he get in," Lyra went to seize a sleeping bag for herself and dragged it to the corner of the room.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Pansy asked curiously, walking behind Lyra, but there was no mistaking the anxious tone behind her voice.

"The professors think so," Blaise muttered, looking at the ground and his sleeping bag's color in distaste. Never had he thought he would sleep in the same room as the Gryffindor's and Hufflepuff's.

"Do you think he apparated?" Goyle suggested, wide-eyed.

"You can't apparate into castle walls, Goyle," Lyra sighed. "Unless he has access to a vanishing cabinet at Hogwarts that has pair somewhere outside these walls, which I highly doubt he has, he can't." She should know.