US // miya x fem! reader

Being best friends with Miya Chinen wasn't always fun.

He of course, was a famous skater, and was always getting interviewed and swarmed by paparazzi, which left almost no time for him to be with you alone.

As you two shared a large milkshake and chatted, you couldn't help but wish that he wasn't so popular. The moment you shared right now was rare, and you hoped a photographer wouldn't come interrupt your peacefulness.

Flash. 

"Not again" You groaned, as an old man with a camera popped up behind the bushes and started taking photos.

Miya glanced at the man and sighed, before grabbing your hand and giving it a squeeze.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I thought we could have some time alone here to talk" He apologized, pulling the hood of his green and purple cat hoodie over his head.

"It's okay" You said lightly, trying not to sound too annoyed.

An interviewer quickly appeared behind the man, followed by Miya's mom, who smiled at Miya and frowned slightly once she saw you. 

"Uh, y/n. Would you like to go, now?" She suggested, forcing a big smile.

"Yeah. Sure" You responded flatly, looking over at Miya as you rose from your seat.

"Text me" Miya said, looking sadly at you. You knew he too didn't like the attention, but he couldn't help it.

You just nodded and left as the interviewer acted like nothing happened and quickly started showering Miya with questions.

As you walked home, you tried to not feel too bad about the whole situation. As soon as you got home, you flopped onto your bed and lay there, annoyed and upset. You hoped Miya's interview wouldn't last forever and that he wouldn't forget to text you as soon as it was over like he always did.

Rubbing your eyes, you sat up. The continuous bleeping that came from your phone had woken you up. You didn't realize that you had fallen asleep, but you just yawned and grabbed your phone.

Of course, it was Miya who spammed your phone with messages.

miya <3

hey, y/n!

Delivered, 3:45pm

u there?

Delivered, 3:46 pm

helloo?

Delivered, 3:50 pm

u good?

Delivered, 3:55 pm

well, you aren't reading my messages, but when you do, can you come to my house tomorrow evening?