Empty tears shed in the night

Characters: Technoblade, Philza
Triggers: description of fatal wounds, stabbing and death
Requested by: RosealynHeart (Hope I did justice to the request you've given me! Enjoy!)
Additional info: There is only one life in this story, ghosts don't always become visible or hearable by living people

The blade found itself lodged in their side, eyes widening in panic as the pain spread through their whole body, blood staining the otherwise perfectly white snow around them. The figure that had attacked them stopped, with shock written over their face and ears pressed against their head.

This was not Technoblade that he had struck with his sword. This was not the man he was hunting for. That was a clear mistake on his part. One he was surely going to regret very soon.

Fundy's grip on the sword weakened, causing the figure he had stabbed to tumble towards the ground, blood having already made a pool around them. Their once bright blue eyes were now dull, white and green hat lying at their side, slowly soaking up the scarlet liquid still gushing out from the wound. Their expression however, didn't look at all angry. It's as if they had already accepted what happened.

The black wings hidden under the cape were now soaking up the blood as well, rendered useless what seems like years ago, when actually it's been a few months at best. A few months since they had first joined and yet they were the one to die today.

Shakily, Fundy kneeled beside the figure, brushing the blonde hair away from their face and trying not to get them bloody.

"Philza, I didn't mean to-" The fox man started, his tail nervously swishing and sweeping up snow with its every move.

"I know." Phil's gentle voice shushed the young man before he could panic even more, a hand coming to reassuringly lay on his shoulder. As if it was Fundy on the ground right now, bleeding out and not the other way around!

The man that was dying in his hands shifted, head raising as much as he could to look at the purple sword lodged right in his side, no doubt puncturing at least one organ. He chuckled dryly, the other hand moving to weakly hold onto the handle.

"Well, this doesn't look too good." He mumbled to himself, quite calm for someone with a blade right through their stomach.

Fundy was panicking, making almost animalistic sounds similar to whines as he tried to figure out a way to stop the bleeding or to move Phil somewhere where he could be patched up.

Nothing was coming to his mind however. L'Manburg was way too far on boat, Phil would have bleed out by the time they're there, and the Nether is an even more stupid idea, considering just how dangerous it is for fully armed and healthy people. Going through it with Philza in his arms would be like a suicide mission.

Then again, staying here and watching his only other alive family he had an ounce of respect towards die was not a good option either. That, or bringing him to the house of the man that he was there to kill in the first place. How would he even react to that? Seeing your essentially nephew walk into your house with your dying father in their arms wasn't exactly something to welcome with kindness.

The sound of snow crunching under someone's feet brought his attention back to the reality, that and the audible groan that left Philza's lips when he tried to move. Fundy's ears shot up at that, dread settling in his stomach as his mind raced to think up any possible mobs or people that could be coming his way. Most of them didn't sound pleasant at all, ending with either him or Phil mauled to death, shot, stabbed or possibly all three at the same time.