The dreamon's revenge

Main characters: Technoblade, Dream
Triggers: Major character death, kidnapping, near panic attack
Requested by: no one
Additional info: everyone has only one life, DNF briefly appears

Dream finally knew how to break him. In retrospect, it should have been obvious.

Philza was the only person Technoblade fully cared about. There wasn't a moment where he wouldn't rush to help if Phil so much as found himself close to a mob. He was always there, figure casting shadows over the monsters as they watched their doom approach.

It was so obvious, yet somehow Dream didn't think of using it to his advantage before. It all changes now.

Picking up his trusty axe, he nestled himself on a tree high above the ground, right on the path that led into a forest and, in turn, towards Technoblade's house. His eyes, always hidden behind his white mask, scanned the terrain around him, awaiting for the winged man to show up.

He didn't need to wait long as soon, the light blues of Philza's new outfit showed up from behind the hill, his shield foolishly strapped over his back. It was clear he wasn't expecting to have anyone attacking him and that was his final mistake.

The moment Philza found himself under the tree, Dream jumped down, falling right onto the man's back and crushing the wings under his weight. The man struggled, his eyes wide in alarm as he tried to wiggle free from Dream's grasp.

The masked man easily overpowered the elder, using one hand to hold him down while the other to bring the axe up. He wasn't going to kill him, at least not yet. He needed him alive for the plan to work and thus, instead of slashing down and taking away the man's single canonical life, he brought down the dull end and hit him right in the back of his head.

The body stiffed, Philza's eyes rolling to the back of his head as he finally stopped struggling, going limp in Dream's hold, his head hitting the dirt path with a silent thud.

Smirking under his mask, Dream hoisted the man onto his shoulder, not really caring that the wings were now getting dragged against the ground. He wanted Philza as a prisoner, his comfort didn't mean shit to the dreamon.

Moving his mask to the side of his head, Dream traced the scar decorating his face, his green eyes hardening as he brought it back down.

"This time, you're not winning." He said into the air, looking in the direction where Technoblade's house was. He knew the pig would find out about what he did soon.

Dream made sure of that.

***

Techno hummed softly to himself, making his way back to his house. The snow crunched under his feet, the blue cape swishing softly in the winter's wind. He loved the color blue, it was almost calming in a way, hopeful instead of the bloody red gown he always wore. It felt almost symbolic. His new way of life being represented by his favourite color.

Spotting his home in the distance, his eyes sparkling as the familiar dark wood appeared in his line of vision. The white walls almost blending in with the snow if not for the planks.

Techno glanced up and felt his entire body freeze, blood running cold.

Philza always made sure the fireplace was lit and the house warm by the time the blood god came back so why, WHY was there no smoke coming out from his chimney?

He tried to tell himself it was his anxiety acting up, that it was nothing and he was just being paranoid. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to calm down, dread already settling in his stomach and refusing to leave.