Desolate

Characters: Technoblade, Tommyinnit
Triggers: panic attack, PTSD mentions, manipulation mentions,
Requested by: no one

Techno didn't mean it like that. He should have worded it better, that's true, in his defence, he had no idea the words would affect Tommy so much.

It was an accident, a clear mistake on his part he should have thought about, considering how much his brother went through. He didn't mean to yell, but the frustration was building up for a few days now and Tommy's rants and jokes pushed him over the edge.

Philza was in house arrest, forced to stand on his balcony in shackles, unable to get out himself. Techno needed to get him out, but to do that, he'd need to get better gear, his old one having been stolen by L'Manburg. Even if he did get his armour back, his tools were still in their possession and as much amusing as it was, winning fights with just a pickaxe, he wanted his sword and crossbows back. Thus, Tommy also needed good gear, if not to help, then to at least not die like an idiot immediately and lose his last canon death. Techno didn't need another ghost brother. To do just that, he wanted to enchant the armour they had crafted for Tommy, but the stubborn little brat refused to even let Techno near him, hissing almost like some sort of a feral racoon.

"Give me your armour Tommy!" The words left his mouth before he had a chance to think about the consequences, releasing all the anger that plagued him.

The moment he had said that, something in Tommy flipped. His mouth closed, a quiet and betrayed 'wha-?' being the only sound he made. His eyes lost the shine in them, the bright baby blue shade of his irises going dull. With shaking hands Tommy took it off, but before Techno could take the pieces, the younger of the two made a small hole in the ground and threw it down, almost automatically.

"T..tommy what are you doing?" Techno asked, unsure what to do. Yes, Tommy's constant blabbering was irritating, but it was something familiar, something homely and the silence felt wrong in the presence of his brother.

"You said to give you my armour so I did. Do you not have TNT? I can get you some-" Tommy's voice was quiet, shaking and what scared Techno the most, he looked desolate. Empty, like a husk of his former self.

"What?! No! No of course not! I'm not blowing up your armour! Why would you think that?!" Techno panicked, his voice raising an octave higher as he stared at the blond in front of him.

Tommy just nodded quietly, saying nothing. His head was hung low, arms wrapped around himself in a poor attempt at comfort.

Techno didn't know what to do, his mind racing for anything useful. He almost groaned in frustration. Philza would know what to do, he always did. They needed him right now, but he was captured, out of the picture and Tommy needed comfort right now.

Awkwardly, Techno moved to sit down on the stairs, patting the wood besides him in a silent invitation for Tommy. The young boy said nothing, silently following Techno and stiffly sitting down.

"Tommy..." Techno started, his voice softening as to not scare away his brother. "Why would you think I was going to blow up your armour?" He asked again, eyes studying every move Tommy did.

His brother said nothing, shoulders stiffening even more. His eyes though, they turned to glance towards a certain direction, one Techno quickly recognized. His eyes widened as he finally understood what made the loud and always happy Tommy so quiet all of the sudden.

"Tommy, is this what Dream did to you when you were-" Techno cut off seeing Tommy's breath hitch, it being a clear answer for the man.

He didn't know what to do. He was never good with emotions, with caring for others, that's why he always hid away in deserted places, content on living alone with his animals, farms and occasionally villagers. He searched for what Phil would do in this situation, his mind leading him to all the times the voices got too loud for Techno and he'd break something, then run and lock himself in his room out of shame. His dad would always hug him, letting him calm down enough before saying it wasn't his fault and that he wasn't mad.