Hayes - Nineteen

19 – Hayes

November

I'm freaking out. I took off running, I didn't need to worry about the safety of Ansley or our son. I only had to worry about Hadlee, especially if Janette was high. Fuck, god only knows what she would do to my little girl. I got out one of the back doors, Aiden, Cole, and Jordan all pulled up in their trucks.

"Get in." Aiden threw his passenger door open. Behind the Target was a massive partially wooded field then a development.

"I'll head to the other side." Cole took off without another word. I saw Kase off in the distance turn around and follow Cole.

"We're going through?" Jordan asked Aiden. Aiden gave him a single nod and hopped the curb. The split directions and didn't take the foot off the gas pedal. "Aid."

"Where?" I looked over not realizing that Jordan was on the Bluetooth.

"Cut right, someone is running I can't see much else."

"Copy." Aiden cut hard to the right bouncing us over a downed tree, branches scratching down the side. "That her?" He pointed. It was difficult to see but a woman was running with a child in her arms.

"Yea! That's Hadlee." He hit the gas a little harder and came skidding to a stop off to the side of Janette. She looked over stopping for a second when she heard a truck coming to a stop on either side of her, then continued to run. I saw Kase and Cole bust through the tree line and stop in front of her. She was all but surrounded.

"DADDY!" I was already out of the truck, along with Aiden and Jordan and we were running toward Hadlee.

"STOP! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" Janette yelled once she stopped and turned around to face the three of us.

"You've got no where to go." Aiden threw his hands in the air.

"Haddie baby, it's alright, daddy's here." I tried to calm down my screaming toddler stuck in the arms of this maniac.

"DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER!" Janette repeated and spun around noticing Kase and Cole on her other side.

"Come on lady, it is five to one. Who exactly do you think you're getting away from?" Kase laughed as he and Cole took a few more steps forward.

"This is my daughter!" She yelled.

"She is not your daughter." I stated.

"Daddy!" Hadlee cried. "Momma I wan Momma!"

"I am your Momma sweetie." Janette said angrily.

"NO!" Hadlee yelled trying to push away and wiggle free from Janette's arms.

"Stop moving!" She yelled at her, Hadlee just tried to wiggle free more. The five of us were slowly moving in closer. "NO, YOU ALL BACK UP!" Janette pointed a knife at all of us as she spun around in a circle. "Stop moving little girl!" Hadlee started crying harder, the five of us had our hands up.

"Janette, you don't want to do this. It ain't worth going to jail over." I tried going with a calm approach. "The cops are already on the way here, if you let her go, you'll at least get a head start."

"NO! She is coming with me!"

"She doesn't want to go with you." I stated. "Let me calm her down." I took another step and she pointed the knife at me. I was about five feet from being able to grab Hadlee but I didn't want her getting hurt.

"Stop it right now!"

"Janette, she's terrified right now. Put her down, let her come to me so I can calm her down."