chapter six • thank you

We arrived at my dorm and I unlocked my door. We walked in and he closed the door behind us.

Holding hands still I led him to the bed and we sat facing each other criss cross. He's looking down at our hands. He looks embarrassed.

"Satori" he looks up and I softly smile at him "you can tell me anything. I'm listening, okay?"

"Okay" he smiles softly back

"Its not that big of a deal really" he says

"Its a big deal to me if it makes you cry" I reply

He sighs and starts talking "okay so ever since I could remember my dad would get drunk and hit me and my mom. I'd always feel mad. Mad that I couldn't protect my mom. She was the nicest, most caring person I had known and I loved her so much. But I was a kid and I couldn't protect her from him. He was bigger than me, stronger than me, more powerful."

At this point his voice was scratchy and he was tearing up more.

"It didn't help that I got bullied either. The kids would constantly call me a monster. Wouldn't let me play with them because I wasn't human. I never felt safe or at ease. At school I would be bullied and at home I would be beat." I squeezed his hands. I honestly was starting to tear up a bit too.

"The only time I did feel safe was in my mom's arms. I would remember us lying down on her bed and her telling me stories, fairytales about how everyone got a happy ending. I had hoped I got one too. Then I remember us hearing a car door slam and she would tell me to go to my room and pretend I was asleep. I didn't want to leave her but I always listened."

"Pretending to be asleep rarely worked though. He'd still come in my room and hurt me. I never got a break."

We were both crying at this point.

"One night my mom came into my room crying and said 'Sa-kun I love you and I want you to know that and I'm so sorry' she gave me a hug then left my room."

He was crying hard at this point

"I later found out that she had gotten in a car 'accident' but honestly I think she just couldn't take it anymore."

He squeezed my hands

"I wanted to get out of that household as soon as possible and I know I may not seem like it but I'm pretty smart" he lightly laughed.

"I decided to apply here. Not just for volleyball but because they had dorms here too."

I looked into this boy's beautiful, broken eyes.

"I got in but the bullying was bad here too. A little better, but bad. I mean I made a couple of friends from the volleyball team but I still felt out of place. Getting told that you're a monster for over 10 years does that to you."

"One night my emotions took over I guess and I left campus. I found myself standing on a ledge."

My eyes widened. I had thought of this but didn't want to believe in it.

"But. You saved me y/n" he smiled as he stared into my eyes.

"And before you try to argue with me yes you did." He started rubbing my hands with his thumbs "I was about to do it."

I start crying more at the thought.

"But I heard crying behind me and saw you. And you're the reason I'm here right now y/n"

I looked down. I was bawling my eyes out. He let go of my hands and held my face.

He turned my head up forcing me to make eye contact.

"So what I'm trying to say y/n is thank you"

I smiled

"No Satori" I kept my gaze into his red eyes "thank you"

"I know I was stubborn at first but you didn't stop trying to help me"

I raised my hands and held his face like he is with mine

"You believed in me Satori. And you make being alive worth it"

"My mom would always hurt me, mentally and verbally that is. She would always tell me how I was such a worthless person and that no one would ever want me and I believed it. She'd call me ugly and fat. She made me loose all my self esteem."

"Y/n I don't know if my opinion matters to you or not but I think you are the most beautiful girl and you mean the world to me. I want you to love yourself because you deserve it."

"Satori I want you to love yourself because you deserve it too. You're always putting a smile on your face to make others around you happy. Even if you're not. You're always trying to brush away your feelings but I want you to know you don't have to do that around me. You can be yourself because that's what I love."

He blushed at that last sentence.

I took my hands off of his face and I leaned forward to him and gave him a hug. We layed down staying in our hug.

"Was that a confession y/n?" I could hear the smirk through his tone.

I just laughed and cuddled closer to him. I closed my eyes and dozed off.

"Y/n"

"Y/n"

I opened my eyes slowly

"You fell asleep on me silly" he chuckled.

Well I'm glad we have an hour for lunch. Our lunch period is also counted as our 'free period' so its longer than usual lunches.

"Sorry Satori" I giggled sleepily

"You don't need to apologize. I liked it."

I felt the heat rise on my cheeks

He laughed at this

"Anyways class starts in 5 minutes so we should head there"

I groaned

"Make me" I said laughing

"Oh is y/n getting all bold now" he chuckled as he smirked

"Mayybbeee" I said while giggling

He got out of the bed and picked me up bridal style.

"S-Satori what are you doing?"

"You said make me so this is me making you" he said

We both were laughing as I tried to get down but he wouldn't let me.

"SATORI LET ME DOWN" I said in between laughs.

"NEVERRRR" he said laughing

He walked over to the door and opened it while still holding me.

He closed the door and started walking down the hallway.

"SATORI CMONNN" I said giggling

"UGHH FINE" he replied pretending to be mad but was overtaken by laughs.

He grabbed my hand as we headed to our classes.

When we got to my class he let go of my hand and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you y/n" he whispered into my ear

"Thank you Satori" I whispered back.

We pulled back from our hug

"Oh and I'll stop by your class at the end of the day to pick you up for practice."

"Okay see you then!!"

He walked away and I walked into math class.

Hey guys!! You got the back stories in this chapter!! I hope you guys liked it!