III

Alex's POV

If I was Y/N, I would've left too. She had every right to.

I was dragged out of my thoughts by the familiar footsteps that wandered her home. Well, only when Y/N wasn't around, if course.

He looked over at me from the doorway and leaned on its frame.

"I'm going to run and grab some more eggs, you ran out. Do you need anything?"

Neither of us had really discussed how wrong it was to do what we were doing. Sneaking around, hiding from Y/N and the public because we wanted to keep this on the low. But of course, even when Y/N found out, I feel a bit better about myself if I'm not doing it in front of her.

Then again, doing it behind her back while she knows it's happening isn't exactly better either.

I flashed him a quick smile, easily gaining one in return from him. "I think I'm good. Drive safe."

Servando nodded and headed out of the room, his footsteps echoing in the house until they were no longer there. Then that's when it hit me again.

Whenever Servando would leave, I felt alone. I hate how no matter how hard I tried to stop letting him in, I would always cave in. Y/N would m always ask me why I would keep cheating on her.

To be honest, I don't even know myself.

I loved Servando in a way that didn't work out for us. It was just not a match in some aspects. But in the physical aspects, he was perfect. He's a very loving man with a big heart. I can not imagine myself hating how he cares for me, even now, if it's behind closed doors.

I feel like I can't stop sneaking around with Servando because I'm too scared to break it off with Y/N. I love her. Our chemistry on and off the field is something I wish Servando and I had when we played together for fun. Y/N doesn't need me to explain things to her, she just understands. She just knows. She always knows what to do, even when I don't. She's usually the one who figures situations out easier than I do.

I texted her and told her I missed her, but she has yet to respond to me. She's never ignored me like this before. It hurts a little, but I know that If I'm going to get my shit together it'll be good for us to spend time apart.

I don't know where she's at, actually. She mentioned she was leaving but she never said to where.

In all honesty, I don't believe she knew either. Now she's gone, Servando just left, and I'm alone.

Servando, of course, would be back soon. But Y/N? I'm not sure if it will be a matter of when, but rather a matter of if she comes back.

Your POV

"I think red is your color, Y/N." Tobin flashed a grin and laughed. I rolled my eyes in response, smiling as well.

I was trying on a red windbreaker and I could tell Tobin was hinting at our team's colors. "I think I look better in purple." I said with a chuckle. Tobin was always looking for the opportunity to fuel the rivalry. It was all in good fun, of course.

We had spent the last hour looking around the mall and just enjoying each other's company. Tobin is just one of those people who makes those voices in your head go away.  Alex would always say that, anyway.

Alex. I never replied to her "I miss you" text. She usually does this. It's a cycle of "I miss you" and "I'm sorry" until I give in. This time, I'm not.

At least, not for a little bit.

"I think you'd be a great Thorn. You've got the talent. Plus, you'd get to stay here in Portland. It's a win win." Tobin was practically beaming as I looked at her from over the rack of clothes in front of us. There were rumors going around about a few players going to be traded soon, but no one knows exactly who.

"I am very comfortable in Orlando, it's much warmer. Thank you for the compliment, though. I love my fans." I replied with a smile. The brunette let out a laugh at my comments, and it made me laugh a little as well. Her laughter is contagious.

"Do you think Alex will get traded?" Tobin inquired. She paused to set a shirt down back on the shelf. "I mean, if the rumors are true, I think she would be a  player that would be up for grabs."

I shrugged, "It just depends on who is looking for what. I don't think any of the other teams need another offensive player unless they're wanting to trade a defender for them."

Tobin nodded in agreement, "Do you think you'll get traded?" She asked.

I raised an eyebrow at her before shrugging once more. "It's a possibility. I don't think I'm going to be. Besides, I'm living with Alex, so if I did, I'd have to move everything out. And I have a lot of shoes that would need to get packed up."

Tobin grabbed her phone and opened her mouth to say something, but then stopped.

"Y/N, I think you should check Twitter."

Confusion waved over me but I didn't even need to open the app to see what she was talking about.

@NWSLNEWS
"The Portland Thorns acquire Y/N L/N from the Orlando Pride. Tap link for more info."

"I hope you're right, Tobin." I said after a few moments. The other girl looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"I hope red is my color."

———

A/N : hey guys! it's been a while. long story short i forgot the email and password to this account, but i got it back, and now i'm back :) — A.