Prologue

Your POV

"I know I messed up but I promise you, I can make it up to you this time."

You were sitting on the bed with the forward standing across from you. You looked up from the floor and met Alex's eyes.

You could've sworn it was the first time you'd made eye contact since she got here.

I've heard that so many times before.

Alex had a tendency to believe that she could fix everything automatically. As much as you'd love it to be true, it just wasn't.

"Y/N please."

Ever since the tournament of nations, your girlfriend had been acting extremely different.

But it was a different you'd seen before of course.

It was a cycle with her. She'd start off by being distant, saying she needed to focus for the upcoming games. Then, she'd start making excuses as to why she didn't call you or talk to you all day.

And eventually, it would end up with her talking to Servando again. Like always.

You had known Alex since she and Servando had gotten divorced; which was also the same time you got drafted onto the team.

That was 3 years ago.

Eventually you two started dating, but after almost a full year of being together, you've been thinking about calling it quits with her.

"Please baby give me another chance."

Why should I? So you can go running back to him again?

You put your head in your hands and sighed deeply, doing everything in your power to not snap at your girlfriend.

Alex ran a hand through her hair as she watched you, trying to read your body language.

Everything in you wanted to just forgive her and let her off the hook, but this time wasn't just any other time.

She and Servando had slept together while you went out of town for a few days. And you had only found out about it happening because of your good friend and teammate Kelley O'Hara.

Thank God for Kelley.

"Just give me one more chance, I won't do it again I promise."

Your hands slowly fell from your face, and they fell into your lap. Your gaze stayed glued to the covers of your shared bed.

The same bed she cheated in.

You took a deep breath, and you finally responded.

"Maybe I'm done giving you chances, Alex."

A/N:

hey guys :) im happy to introduce you lovelies to my new story. i really think you're gonna like it! i love you all.
-alex❤️