II

"You're literally a seal."

Tobin sat across from me and was currently balancing a soccer ball on her head. Typical Tobin. She smiled at my remark. "You know it."

The drive from the airport back to Tobin's house went by quicker than I expected. Whenever we get together, Tobin and I always spend at least the first hour talking about shoes. Old, new, ugly, trending; everything from twinkle toes to cleats. It's always been our thing.

By the time we made it back to Tobin's house, I had given her a full coverage report of the most versatile shoes; crocs.

She almost crashed the car when I brought them up, and despite her being very adamant about not buying a pair, I'm hoping she'll change her mind.

After all, if you ain't crocin, you ain't rockin.

That was about an hour and a half ago. Tobin and I had been talking about the upcoming NWSL season as well as the draft.

"Have you heard about that defender from UCLA? I think she'll end up with us or with you, Alex and the Pride." I raised an eyebrow at her as the ball fell off her head. "Watch her end up with Sky Blue." The soccer ball rolled at my feet so I tapped it back towards the brunette.

"You know, I think it's crazy that you haven't been called up to the national team."

I chuckled at her sudden statement. "I think it's crazy that you think that." To be honest, I'd be lying if I didn't think it was crazy either. Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to play at this level, but I really wish that I could level up.

The competition, traveling around the world, the friendships. Alex's favorite always was the new food.

Alex.

Suddenly, I realized I hadn't explained to Tobin the need for my sudden visit, and as if she could read my mind, the Thorns player spoke.

"Don't take this the wrong way Y/N, but why are you here? What brings you across the country to see your favorite NWSL rival?" She grinned after her second statement.

I couldn't help but laugh at her wording. She's the type of person who makes you forget about your problems.

It's one of the reasons why I love spending time with her.

"Your best friend messed up, and I needed to get away from her." I said softly, trying not to make it seem too detailed as to what happened. Tobin groaned and shook her head. "I keep telling Alex if she isn't careful she'll lose you. She's attached to Servando emotionally so I think it's harder for her to let him go." I nodded understandingly. She did have a point. Alex and Servando were married before she and I started dating.

But it still didn't justify what she had done.

"If you want to talk about it, I'm all ears. And if you don't, I'm fine with it. But for now," Tobin paused as she stood up and walked towards the counter. "Let's order some food. I'm starving." I shot her a smile and nodded. "You pick, I pay." I added, causing the midfielder to nod in agreement as she scrolled through her phone.

Tobin wanted burritos, so she ordered some from a local place down the street.

The food got delivered to her house in 30 minutes and we sat down at her table and ate in a comfortable silence. Once we finished eating, Tobin got up from the table. "Feel free to stay as long as you'd like. I'm just going to go shower real quick. You can hop in too, if you want." I raised an eyebrow at the brunette. "I think Alex would kill both of us if that happened." I said with a snicker as Tobin took a drink of her water.

Confusion laced the features of the midfielder for a few moments until she realized what I was hinting at. Her eyes went wide and she instantly spit out her water, choking on it slightly as the droplet projectiles ended up in a small puddle on the floor. "Why, I meant, like, you know." The other girl said in between coughs as a faint blush appeared across her cheeks.

"I know what you meant, Tobs." I said as I laughed, causing Tobin to let out a huge sigh of relief. "Jesus Y/N you're something else." She rolled her eyes and smiled. "Also, if you're gonna stay with me, those are going to have to go." She pointed at my Orlando Pride shorts. It was my turn to roll my eyes, and I shot her a playful smirk.

"Whatever you say, Tobin."

She poked her head back into the kitchen. "Also, you down to go to the mall tomorrow?"

I nodded. "Yeah, im down. Do you need anything in particular?"

"No, I just want to look at some shoes."

I turned my head down the hallway so she could hear me.

"You should try on some cr-"

"I am not wearing crocs, Y/N."