Chapter 10: A Little Black Book

I looked down at what I had just done, and I felt all of the air escape my lungs.

I had never known a room filled with music could be so silent. The notes that were once filling the small room had gone silent. No, the record Slash had chosen earlier hadn't stopped playing. Instead my brain had gotten rid of the sound. I focused on my breathing, frozen in place while my mind raced a thousand miles per a second.

"Slash...I.." I stood up and started to walk over towards him as I spoke. Maybe he would be okay with this? Maybe this wouldn't destroy my position in the band.

Before I could continue, Slash shot up and walked past me heading towards the stairs, practically running me down in the process. As he bumped into me, I lost balance and fell back onto the couch.

Fuck. There was no way this wouldn't have repercussions.

I felt like a mute as I tried to say something to
Slash. I didn't know if it was my brain or my lips, but one of them was failing me.

"Aren't you going to f*cking say something?" I screamed across the room. Slash froze when he was halfway up the stairs.

"Leave me the f*ck alone.....just...what the f*ck....Michelle." He didn't yell. I expected him to scream at me. He had every right to be mad or angry or furious. I would be the first to say that what I was doing was by no means normal. What I was doing was fucking insane.

I tried to keep my breathing even and hid my face in my hands. It was moments like this where I wished that I still had my long hair. It was a curtain for me to hide behind, but here I was still on a couch burying my head in my hands trying to figure out what the actual f*ck I could do to save this situation.

I practically jumped out of my skin when I felt something cold touch my shoulder. I looked up to see Izzy silently offering me a glass of cold water. I began to sip the water, hoping that maybe it would sober me up.

"What the f*ck do I do Izzy?" I hadn't meant for it to sound desperate, but it had.

"F*ck if I know Shelly. Just go talk to him. He is probably really confused," Izzy shrugged joining me of the ratty couch.

"Well he seemed pissed off"
"He has every right to be!"
"But Izzy, you weren't mad. You didn't seem to care," I quickly shot back.

"Well first off, I was rather annoyed that you lied to me."

"Really?" I turned towards him. I wanted to slap myself at my own stupidity. Of course he was mad at me. I LIED TO HIM.

"Well yeah," he laughed back.
"Why were you so calm about it? You never yelled at me," I sent him a confused look as I spoke.

"I don't care if you are a chick or a guy. I know some do, but I don't give a damn. Also, it was actually kinda fun to mess with you," he admitted before finishing off his beer.

"Does Slash care?"

"No, I don't see why he would honestly."

"Then why is he mad? Why did he storm off?" I shot back.

"Shelly, you ripped off your shirt and said I am a girl!' Not very subtle of you. Finding out your bandmate is a chick is a lot to proceeds...trust me," I rolled my eyes at his reply.

I eyed the staircase for a couple of second before deciding to head upstairs to talk to him.
When I stood up I felt Izzy grab my wrist and pull me back.

"I gotta go talk to him!" I shot back.

"Just let him simmer, you've had a long week," I ignored Izzy's comment as I headed up the stairs. I could have sworn he said something as he watched me walk up the stairs, but I ignored it.