Chapter 3: You're Insane

"Are you fucking insane," I looked up into the bathroom mirror to see Betsie standing behind me. She knew who I was no doubt about it.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I replied before drying my hands.

"Give it a break Michelle, I locked the bathroom door, so it's just you and me in here. You don't need to keep up the act," it was clear that Betsie had seen right through my act, but here was no way I was admitting it.

"Michelle?" I continued my charade hoping she would leave.

"Don't play dumb bitch, I know your eyes! Don't forget I'm the one who would do all of your eye makeup when you were apart of Pixie," she shot back while I remained silent staring her down. Maybe if I don't talk, she would leave?

"Oh fuck this," it was in the moment that Betsie jumped towards me and placed her hand on my fake dick.

"Is that a sausage," I pushed her off of my before he could continue messing with it.

"Well yeah, I'm a guy so I have a dick," I replied trying to keep it nonchalant. Spoiler, I was failing. I wasn't ready for someone to lunge at me and grab it.

"Jesus fucking Christ Michelle, I know it's not real because it's currently sliding down your leg," she shouted back. For the first time all night I was glad that the music was loud.

It was there in the bathroom that I admitted my defeat and pulled my pants down to fix my sausage that was currently sitting at my knee.

"Didn't know you were so religious," was the only comment I could muster as I fixed myself. There was something wrong with adjust my sausage in front of Betsie, and by something I meant everything.

"Cut the crap, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm dressing as a guy to join a band. After I 'left' Pixie six months back I've been apart of 5 bands. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of being treated different than any other male bassist ....People don't take female musicians seriously, you know that. I just don't understand why they treat me differently. I'm just a musician no different than them.......this was actually Walter's idea," by now the two of us were sitting on the countertop talking.

"He seriously recommended you to do this?"

"Why? You don't think he would recommend it?" I quickly shot back earning a giggle from Betsie.

"I would pray he wouldn't. He the most sane out of the three of you," without thinking I let out a quiet snort.

"I like to think I'm pretty sane," I teased back causing laughter to fill the bathroom.

"What?" I quickly questioned only earning more laughter from Betsie.

"You? Sane? You have a sausage taped to your fucking thigh! Sane people don't do that," she gestured towards the sausage.

"He meant it as a joke, but it actually worked. It was the easiest band audition I've ever had. We didn't play music until like two to three hours into it. It's different you know. Being a boy musician versus being a girl. I feel like I'm actually apart of the band, not just the token girl. They weren't dicks when I started playing, and we just had fun!" I sent Betsie a warm smile to only receive a frown.

"You know this is wrong..right? This won't work! I get you're able to hide your boobs and shit, but they will find out one day. This is going to blow up in your face, and you won't recover from it. Enjoy it while it lasts, but one day you're going to slip up. Everything you've worked for will disappear, and you will forever be known as the girl who dressed as a guy to get in a band. Guys will hate you because you pretended to be one of them...they'll probably think it's weird as fuck. The girls though..we will never forgive you. You're betraying all of us. You're sending the message that a girl can't make it unless she is a guy," I immediately cut her off.

The Token - A Guns N' Roses FanFicOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara