20 | S A V I O R S

•✧•

   THE SCREAMS AND howls of her dragon mingled with the sounds of the roaring battle surrounding Ana, but while she heard Rosie's agony loud and clear, the fights backed up in a corner of her mind she managed to utterly blend out. The sky was enflamed with red flashes of light, and in the midst of it all, Rosie was trapped on a silver glowing rope wrapped around her foot, hinding her from fleeing, and put her into so much panic she didn't even try to fight her attackers.

   Ana was seething, her blood was boiling, her skin was gleaming in a red light more intense than those who shot through the starry night. Ready to punish, ready to kill, Ana rounded the last corner that separated her from the dragon's attackers, and she blew the first black hooded figure out of her way without a warning, without making a noise. The sound he made hitting the wall got muffled by Rosie's screams, and with a snap of her fingers, a glowing red ring formed around the next guy's neck, lifting him from the ground, his head still floating in the air several seconds after his body had already hit the floor.

   The third Death Eater had noticed her now, but it wouldn't help him at all. There was a dozen of them and they would fall one by one by Ana's hands. Turned towards her, the hooded figure pointed his wand at her, and with a grim smile Ana remarked his trembling fingers.

   "Avada —"

   "Bad mistake", Ana said, when a red lightning stroke and blew him off his feet as well. Lazily she walked past his lifeless body, heading towards the next scum of a human being, who's life would be taken in less than thirty bloody seconds —

   "Ana, watch out!"

   Twirling around, she hadn't left more than a second to react, jerking back so the spell aiming at her missed her by only inches. The Death Eater was back to his feet, but instead of being grateful for Ana's mistake and run away, he was dumb enough to scribble his death sentence in neon green light that had shot at Ana.

   Her ruby red gleaming forces weren't the only one that hit him. Another red flash of light enlightened his frame from behind his back, before he broke down to the floor with his eyes burnt in their holes.

   "A stunning spell?", Ana yelled at Charlie Weasley, who had his wand still outstretched and pointed at the Death Eater, staring at him with an expression of sheer horror on his freckled face. "This is a goddamn war, Charles! No need to take prisoners tonight."

   "You can't just run around and murder people as you please!", Charlie yelled back at her.

   "Watch me!", Ana hissed, turning her back on him, about to look for the one who had trapped Rosie with this silver rope, but Charlie caught up with her. "Don't lecture me, Charlie Weasley, I made up my own laws. You'd do fine to live by them as well tonight." She blew another Death Eater out of the way before Charlie could even lift his wand. His neck snapped before he hit the ground.

   "Some of them are under the Imperius Curse! They don't even know what they're doing!"

   "The one who tried to murder your brothers before seemed to be perfectly aware of what he was doing", Ana dryly replied.

   "Wh— Are they okay?" Charlie's voice was shaking, but it wasn't even nearly as satisfying as a Death Eater trembling in fear.

   "Thank me later", she retorted, spotting the source of the silver rope and fastening her steps.

   "You saved them?!" His disbelief amused her.

   "And you saved me", she said. "Seems like we've grown a weak spot for each other, huh? But don't get all sentimental, Charles. We're even now."

   Having the light in another Death Eater's eyes dying, Ana reached the one who held Rosie in his captivity.

   "Hey, you foul bastard!", she screamed at him and he almost let go of the robe by the mere sight of her. "How does it feel to look into Death's beautiful face?"

   Behind her, Charlie had taken up a duel. She could hear spells flying, tilting her head slightly to let a purple flash pass her by, the whirring echoing in her ear. Out of the corner of her eyes Ana could see giants nearing Rosie. Sighing, she knew she had no time left to play with her prey. The dragon needed to be freed before the giants reached her.

   "Sent the devil my regards", Ana said, forming a crimson red glowing ball of fume in her hands, when she heard a clatter behind her.

   Charlie's wand had fallen to the floor, disarmed by three hooded man he jumped out of their spitfire to reach it, before they could, but even in the full movement of swirling around, Ana could see that it was going all wrong.

   The Death Eater's relentlessly fired their spells at him, as Charlie rolled over the ground, desperate for his weapon, that he wouldn't reach in time. Seeing the green light built up at the tip of one of those wands, she acted instinctively.

   "No!", she gasped, and the crimson ball hit the Death Eater straight in the chest, as he broke down to the floor, and Charlie reached his wand, jumping up to take up the fight again.

   In the split of a second their gazes met, Charlie's warm brown eyes widened.

   "Ana!", he boomed, his voice alarmed, but it was too late.

   Ana felt something hit her back, sending a quick wave of pain through her body, before her vision blurred and the world around her slowly sunk in darkness. She felt herself falling, but never did she feel hitting the dusty hard ground.