5

Myla's Pov.

"I'm Andy!" The man said extending his hand towards me.

Well no duh. Juliet Simms already made that clear. You don't have to point out the obvious.

I shook the mans hand briefly before putting my hand back down. I don't like it when people I don't know or that I am not comfortable around touch me. Or when they make those gestures like a hand shake, where if you say no you come off as rude.

"What's your name sweetie?" He asked.

Ugh. First the high forced hand shake and now he is calling me sweetie? I'm not Juliet Simms, his girlfriend.

"Myla ." I tell him.

"And how old are you Myla ?" Andy asked.

Doesn't he know that asking for people's age is rude?

"13"

"Batman or Superman?"

What kind of a question is that?

I really wanna say neither because I don't really like both. You see, Superman goes I'll at the sight of a rock. Yes a ROCK. And then Batman is just sucking up all the attention.

"Batman." I say, only because I don't want to be kicked out of Juliet Simms's home so early over something so silly.

Andy's face lit up. "Really?!"

I nodded and then looked up at Juliet Simms who is just smiling at the two of us.

Is getting adopted really that awkward? I mean yeah, I like a little attention everyone and then but not this much.

I feel like I am a doll on display. As kids walk past me, they look at me and turn to there dad and say 'Daddy look at her! Can I please, please, please have her? The dad will tell the little child that he will get the doll in a couple of days but not right now and for the rest of the week I am the stupid doll that they can't stop thinking about, until they get me.

"Juju, can I show Myla her new room? Please?" Andy asked Juliet Simms with excitement.

I looked at Juliet Simms. If I were her, I wouldn't let my loud boyfriend call me 'Juju.' It doesn't sound proper. My mother always told me that when you meet some one you call them by the name they give you. If someone says there name is Kurt Bolan, you call them by Kurt Bolan until they say it is okay for you to call them by there first name.

Anyway, I looked at Juliet Simms, who nodded.

Andy's smile grew if that was even possible. "C'mon!" He shouted, which made me suck in a sharp breath by how loud he was.

I followed the loud man down the long hallway. As we passed each door Andy would stop and tell me what was behind the door.

"This is Juliet's and mine room. Okay? If you ever need anything just knock okay? Oo! And this is your room." Andy squealed, opening up a white door with a brass handle.

Andy walked in my new room and I slowly followed him, gripping the plastic bag that held few clothes in it tighter.

The room is much better that what I had. At the orphanage and when I was living with my mom.

"I never had one of these before." I mumbled softly to my self.

Andy must have heard me because he turned his posture so he was facing me. "Never had what."

"My own room."

"But what about at the orphanage or when you were living with your parents?"

I shook my head. "When I was living with my parents, I slept on the pull out couch that my mother had bought for the living room. My room mate at orphanage, Mad ether room hers so the only room I had was my bed and the small closet."

"Oh."

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I don't want him to feel sorry for me just because I had limited space to call my own.

"But here, this is your room and you get to do what ever you want to it." Andy began, looking at me with sympathetic eyes. "Also you get a bathroom all to yourself!"

I smiled at him. Not a fake smile, an actual smile.

I don't like it.

The thing is, I don't needs bathroom all to myself. Hell I am okay if I have to the neighbors house to use to use the bathroom, which I, my mom and Josh had to do sometimes since we had really bad plumbing

"So I'm gonna go now so you can un-pack your things. Are there more bags in Juliet's car?"

I looked at the bag I had in my hand. "No, this it."

Andy gasped. Are people suppose to have lots of clothes?

"You know what? Tomorrow me and Juliet are going to take you shopping okay? And when we go, you can pick out anything you want and I promise that we will buy it. I promise." The stranger said, making his way towards my door.

I nodded and he left. I looked around my new room. The room has a celling fan and a window that is on the wall across from the door but up higher.

I put my plastic bag on the ground feeling slight embarrassed that I have so little. I don't want them showering me with there money on me with new things.

I open the plastic bag and take out the extra large Guns 'N' Roses shirt.

The short belonged to my dad when he was still around. It was his lucky shirt because it was the shirt he was wearing when he met my mom. My mom always laughed at him when he wore this short because it's way to baggy for him. When he left the Guns 'N' Roses shirt became my moms favorite shirt. She didn't wear it much though. Only because of Josh saw her wearing it he would yell at her and go on a three minute rant about how she only cares about the man who 'never loved her.' And ever since I went to the orphanage it became my favorite shirt. I would sleep in this shirt and then hang it up once I woke. I love this shirt. It's my family shirt. From my actual family.

AN
So funny story my mom found a smut that I was writing and now I'm dead. *sigh* I lost my phone for the rest of February. But I still have her phone, my dads and my family computer. I'm just glad they didn't find my tumblr.