Why/part 2

Hunter's POV

I opened my door and Luka was standing there. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry it's my fault and I'm a bad person I" "Luka stop your not a bad person come here" I interjected pulling him in for a hug. I carried him to my bed and laid him down and sat next to him. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything about the cuts it's obviously to personal. I mean if anyone would know that it's me" I said softly. "No it's not that I'm just scared to get close to anyone I'm sorry I-wait you cut before why?" He asked me. "I don't know for a long time I was really sad I'm better now but we need you to get help so you will be better too." I replied. "Ok thank you can we just lay here for a while?" He asked . "Of course" I said smiling. About an hour later we got up and walked down stairs. Grandpa was sitting at the table. "Hi grandpa" I said "good morning Mr Biden" Luka said. "Good morning boys and Luka please call me Joe" grandpa answered. "Grandpa we need to talk to you about something" I said. "Are we really going to do this now?" Luka whispered. "Yes" I whispered back. "Of course what is it?" He asked. "Can you call my mom in here please" Luka asked "of course Sara can you go get Lilith please" he said pressing a button. Lilith walked in "how may I help you sir?" she said. "Actually it's not me Luka asked for you they need to talk to us I think" grandpa replied. "Mom I need help" Luka said lifting his sleeve showing the cuts crying. "I'm sorry" he said. "How could you do this you ignorant little" Lilith started "that's quite enough Lilith Luka let's get you to the hospital wing for evaluation so we know how to help" Grandpa interrupted.

3 day time skip———————————————————————————
The evaluation went well and Luka is on the medication he needs he seems happy now but he still apologizes for basically existing. He does have at least two new bruises every day I think his mom is doing it. Grandpa said he'd deal with it I wish he'd fire her but then Luka would have to leave. I walked down to the Oval Office and knocked. "Come on in" grandpa yelled. I walked in to his office and to the desk. "Grandpa is it possible that if you fired Lilith could Luka stay?". "Well I'm going to attempt to adopt Luka I don't believe that Lilith can take care of Luka nor should she be allowed to" Grandpa replied. "Really awesome!" I said exited. "My lawyers say that within a week I will be able to adopt him with his permission" grandpa replied. "Do you want me to ask him?" I questioned. "Yes that alright" grandpa replied. I walked to Lukas room and walked in "hey"I said. "Hi Hunter" he replied "did you take your meds yet today?" I asked "yeah I did" he answered showing me the container he took them today. "So um my grandpa was wondering if we'll he could adopt you. Is that ok with you?" I asked. "Omg yesss please!" He replied exitedly. "Awesome let's go tell him" I said grabbing his hand. "I thought he was in his office" Luka said. "Yeah and" I replied "I'm not allowed in his office" Luka explained. "You are now" I answered. We walked into grandpa's office he said "have you made a decision yet?" "Ye-hold on if you adopt me there's one issue" Luka said. "And what might that be?" Grandpa asked. "Well I like Hunter and if you adopt me there's no chance of anything happening between us" Luka answered. "I am the president I can change the law, well with the people's support of course" Grandpa replied. "Well then the answer is yes" Luka responded.