Chapter Six

I know it's a little late but I've been busy lately.  But it's now break and before you read I'd just like to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you guys!  I hope you all had a good holiday, whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah (: Think of this as a late present!

Please read my mini note at the end!  It will explain the photo on the side!

Enjoy! xoxo

I’m walking down the hallway to my room when I suddenly hear my name being called from the door I just passed.

“Kadence,” Trent repeats, “come here for a minute.”

I stop, back track three steps and turn in the direction of his door, pushing it open, making my way in.  I perch myself at the end of his bed and smile at him before throwing myself across the lower half, resting my head in the palm of my hand.

“You called?” I ask with an eyebrow raised.

“Isn’t it pretty self-explanatory?” He answers back, mirroring my own facial expressions.

I furrow my eyebrows at him as he sits across from me unmoving until my eyes suddenly travel downward.  In between the both of us is a fair sized box rapped in bright red paper, a silver bow topping it off.

“What’s that?” I ask stupidly, reaching my hand out to pick it up, “Who’s it for?”

I raise my eyes to his which hold a flat look, one that I recognize easily as my own.  It’s scary how alike we can be, with one of us a girl and the other a boy, with an age gap of four years.

“It’s for you, idiot,” he says.

I roll my eyes and sit up straight facing him, “Way to kill the sweet part of the moment.”

“Open it,” he continues, ignoring my words.

Turning the box over in my hand, I tear off the silver bow and peel away at the edge of the red wrapping paper.  Five seconds later a square black velvet box sits in my hands, the brand name Cartier imprinted across it in silver script.

I quickly look in Trent’s direction to see his eyes are on the box, a small smile playing at his lips.  I grin myself.

Running my finger across the top of the box, I lift it open, revealing a white gold Cartier Love bracelet.

“Oh my god,” I mumble, my eyes going wide, “Trent.”

I stare at the bracelet in complete awe.  I’ve been asking for one of these for the last eight months, but never did I think I’d actually get one with the insane price they cost.

“Trent,” I repeat, gaining my voice back.  I look at him straight in the eye and he smiles at my face in a semi humorous way.

“How’d you know I wanted this? Where did you get the money? You didn’t have to, really,” my words trail off as I slip the cuff over my hand and onto my wrist, it’s white, silver mirror-like complection making my skin look semi tanner with it being December and below zero outside.

He shrugs, “you haven’t shut up about wanting one since you discovered them,” he explains, “I was at the jewelry store the other day, picking up a gift for mom and I saw them in the case.  It made me think of you.”

I can’t keep the smile off my face as I stare at my brother, the neon blue ring around his pupil suddenly shining insanely bright against the fire orange and copper the rest of his eyes are.  The exact opposite of my own.