Chapter Five

Hello (: I know you're probably eager to read so I'm not going to bore you with my little chit chat.

Enjoy!! xoxo  Please check out the message at the end!

Up for some shopping.  Come with?

I read Gemma’s text message and look up to see if anyone’s around.  When I see the coast is clear, I answer her.

Can’t.  My mom wants to take me to a late lunch.  Call you when we get back.

I shudder slightly at how easily I just lied to the girl I’ve been calling my best friend for the last year and a half.  Even the person who knows more about me than anyone else still knows nothing at all.

I quickly tuck my phone into my back pocket and pull my gloves on, my feet already carrying myself up the long driveway.

I lift the hood of my black jacket over my head and pull it closely to my face, kneeling down on the pavement next to the front wheel of a yellow Ferrari 458.

In one swift motion, I pull a pocket knife from my jacket and snap the blade into place.  Very greaser like, Kadence.

I smirk and make a pin hole in the side of the tire, small enough to go by unseen, but big enough to let all the air out by tomorrow morning, just as I had planned.

Guess it comes in handy when your brother is a badass.  Was a badass.

I shake my head, erasing the thought and quickly do the same to the three remaining tires.  When I stand back up, I tuck the knife back into my pocket.

I stare at the mansion in front of me and contemplate on breaking in for a few seconds, but decide not to when I see a bedroom light flicker to life in the house next door being my queue to leave before I get caught.

I turn on my heel and start down the snow covered driveway onto the side walk, tucking my hands into my jacket pockets in the process.

I let out a slow breath and smile, the satisfaction of getting away with yet another crime sinking in.

It’s only a quarter to four.  Hockey practice doesn’t let out for another fifteen minutes, which means his ride hasn’t dropped him off yet, or left the school for that matter.

His parents aren’t home, which gave me the advantage of getting in and out in record time.

I shake my head.  When are his parents ever home?

I make a left when I come to the end of Crest Drive, turning onto Ryder Avenue.  At this point, I’m less than twenty houses from home.

The sky is getting dark, casting odd shadows against the blanket of snow that’s covered the ground since November, mind you it’s already January.

I let the quietness of the street calm me as I carry on with my footsteps drawing closer to my house.

Finally feeling sane again, the nothingness in my mind is replaced with the events that occurred earlier today causing a burning sensation to spread throughout the pit of my stomach, my mouth going dry, my body suddenly ten times colder than it was a second ago.

Less than three hours ago, I saw the boy who once stole my heart for the first time in almost two years.  730 days ago.  730 days to long ago.

Not only had I seen him.  I made eye contact with him.

The image of his heart shattering green eyes swirls in my mind, clogging it from forming any other thoughts.