Chapter Three

Pretty action packed chapter if you ask me.  I enjoyed writing this one a lot actually so I hope you all enjoy. (: Small note at the end for you all, but for now, ENJOY! xoxo

Its dark, pitch black, as I pull up alongside the back gate of our town’s Country Club.  The road is covered in a thin sheet of snow, the street lights casting golden shadows off the white blanket.  I shift Trent’s black escalade into park, my eyes drifting to the passenger seat where both the front and back license plates sit.

I let out a slow, steady breath.  It’s time.

The usual rush of adrenaline courses through my veins like it has every other time I’ve done this.  I grab a can of spray paint from the back seat along with a chain of fireworks and my father’s key to the Country Club.  Opening the escalade door, I wrap my black leather jacket around my waist tightly and pull my hair into a ponytail.  In one swift movement, I shut the door soundlessly and drag my combat boot covered feet through the snow, careful not to leave any foot prints. 

By the rate the snows been falling the prints would be covered before the cops even got the call, but that isn’t a chance I’m willing to take tonight.

As I shake the can of spray paint in my hand and round the corner to the front of the country club I tighten my grip around the key in my left hand.

This isn’t just any Country Club; it is The Greene Country Club, its owners Jason and Allison Greene, my parents.

I approach the side gate and enter the four digit code, 2-0-1-7.  My birthday and my brother’s.

The red light on the screen switches to yellow.  My fingers run down the length of the key as I insert it into the lock.  It clicks, the light turns green and the gate unlatches. I roll my eyes at the easiness of all of this.  It’s a shock my parent’s haven’t figured out their perpetrator has been me all these months.  When have you ever heard of a criminal charged with breaking and entering and destruction of property, yet they haven’t broken, entered, nor destroyed anything?

I smirk to myself in the night.  Seems like that’s all going to change tonight.

I push the gate open slightly to reveal the front of the Country Club.  It’s leafless, ice crystalized trees glowing under the black sky, hundreds of Christmas lights covering their branches.  I take one step forward but back step twice and look to my right in the direction I had come.

Fifty feet away sits Trent’s black escalade, completely blended in with the night.  I was smart for leaving my BMW in the garage.  Its white body would have been a dead giveaway if the cops decide to speak to a witness.

Satisfied with my work so far, I turn back to the gate and make my way across the snow covered stone path to the front doors.  I take note of the sign on the front door.

Closed for the holidays!  See you in the New Year!

I roll my eyes for no reason and stop in front of the grand windows that run the entire bottom floor of the Country Club.  With its stark white curtains drawn closed, it makes a perfect canvas.

I tuck the roll of fireworks under my arm along with the can of spray paint.  I pat the left back pocket of my jeans and pull out my gloves, slipping them on effortlessly.  Grabbing the can, I tear off the plastic covering and give it one last shake.  I snap off the cap and toss it into the snow but pause for a moment.

Grabbing the lighter from my side table drawer that I stuffed in my right pocket, I give it a quick flick and set the plastic rapper on fire.  Within seconds it’s in a blaze.  I toss it into the snow with the spray paint cover as it burns into nothingness.