Part 24

James couldn't sleep.

He went on the date, only because the stupid girl wouldn't stop sending him patronuses to confirm.

It was awkward and timid but the girl seemed to enjoy it. She barely even noticed how weird james was being because she was too happy fangirling over him.

Then at the end of the night she went in for a kiss and james had to nervously slip away while her eyes were closed.

It was an asshole move but he had better things to worry about, like his boyfriend and how he was gonna make up for it.

James couldn't sleep, how could he after what happened that day.

So he stood up, grabbing the invisibility cloak from under his bed and tucking it under his arm.

He softly got up, walking to the door after grabbing one of his quidditch hoodies and leaving his dorm.

After the soft click of the door closing rang around the room, sirius' bed shuffled.

" you think hes going to go see him?" Sirius said into the night. He didnt need the light to know that remus would be awake.

" it better be." Remus responded.

" i hope he fixes it."

" me too pads. Me too."

————————————————————————————————————————

James was walking around the castle grounds. He visited the kitchens, grabbing a biscuit and saying goodnight to the house elves.

He passed by filches office, giving himself a scare when Mrs.Norris stared right into him even with the cloak on. It felt like she was staring into his soul.

A shiver went down his spine just thinking about it.

And then he finally landed here, wrapping his hand around the cold handle of the door leading to the room of requirements.

They had found it on accident when they lost wormtail as a rat and the door just randomly appeared in front of them. inside was wormtail confused beyond belief.

The room was supposed to change into whatever he wanted, but it couldn't be whatever because there is no way it can conjure up people.

James went in anyway, eyes down as he entered and turned around to close the door.

" who's there?" A surprised voice called out.

James' head snapped up. He knew that voice from anywhere but it couldn't be right? He didnt know what the room of requirements was...

" hello?"

James turned around and his breath hitched.

He turned to see that severus was sitting there, a black t shirt on and grey sweatpants, sitting on a large armchair with a glass in his hand.

James gulped.

Should he take the cloak off? Should he just turn around and walk out?

Before james could make any movements, severus was already getting up. He was walking past him and was about to go for the door when james' hand involuntarily came up to snatch his forearm.

" no." His voice said without thought.

Severus sighed, biting the inside of his cheek and turned around, his arm slipping from james' grip.

" so it was you." He walked back to the armchair, sitting down and picking up his glass again.

He couldn't sleep, and he definitely couldn't drink the rest of the whiskey without lucius or mulciber waking up and wanting some.