Kakashi x reader / Best Friend

Requested by Miniheehee

Hope you like it.

......

Third POV

A beautiful young girl was sitting on a tree in the training grounds of Konoha admiring the beautiful night sky. Today it was much clearer with no clouds in the way making every single star on the sky visible. The soft moonlight cascaded down at her skin as a soft sigh escaped her pink lips. She was stressing over tomorrow. Tomorrow was a big day for her. She could finally become a full Jonin. She always dreamed about it, but right now her mind was playing games with her making her doubt that decision.

She was thinking that this wasn't indeed cut out for her. She was thinking that it was a mistake to even try. She was thinking that she would fail, just like everyone told her she will. She always were a failure in other eyes. So, why not being one now too?

-"Why so stressed?"

A voice asked her as a figure landed right beside her. She looked up seeing her dearest friend looking at her with a soft smile under his blsck mask. He didn't scare her at all, since she felt him coming her way earlier. If someone could cheer her up, it was this man for sure.

-"Are you not going to tell me?" he asked her again as he sat beside her on the tree.

-"I am stressed for tomorrow. What if I fail?" the girl asked him in a sad time.

-"What makes you believe this?"

-"Kakashi, I always had others saying what a failure I am. They never were proud of me. So I won't be able to give my all with all that negativity around me." the girl said as she looked at the man beside her.

-"The only one with negativity here is you (Y/n)." Kakashi said as he looked at her as well.
-"So let's change that."

-"How are you going to do that?" the girl asked him confused.

-"Simple, I will ask a question and you will answer it. Allright?" he told her with a soft smile under his mask.

The girl nodded her head as she slightly turned her body to him giving him all of her attention.

-"Do you remember that mission we had in the land of wind?"

-"The one we had to protect a group of merchants from some rogues from the hidden sand?"

-"Yes, that one."

-"What about it?"

-"When one of the merchant's sons fell down a cliff and was hanging only by a branch, who was the one that jumped down without a rope and climbed back up without a scratch?"

-"I was." the girl answered smiling at the memory.

-"Correct. Next question. At that same mission I taught you one of my jutsus. Which one was it and how long did it take you to master it?"

-"It was Chidori and it took me two days and three nights to master it properly." the girl answered proudly.

-"Correct. Now-"

-"What is this! 20 questions?" the (Y/n) asked interrupting him.

-"Sort of, but you’ll see the point soon enough." Kakashi answered as he took a breath before continuing.
-"Here, in the village, who can identify any type of poison in any kind of food just by smell?"

-"Me."

-"Who, in the village, has both wind style and lightning style chakra natures?"

-"Me."

-"Who is the fastest swimmer in the village?"

-"Me again.

-" Who beat Naruto in a ramen eating contest?"

-"Me."

-"Who saved me when I was about to be stabbed by a rogue?"

-"Me."

-"Who carried me all the way to the village, after I used my sharingan too much and depleted most of my Chakra?"

-"Me."

-"Who made 100 doses of Sakura’s anti-venom medicines in a day?"

-"Me."

-"Who won the Miss Konoha pageant last year?"

-"Hey! You promised not to speak about that ever again!" (Y/n) said embarrassed making the man beside her giggle.

-"Yeah I did, but yet again it was you, wasn’t it?" he asked her making her nod her head.
-"Well, I do not see any reason why you won't be able to pass the exam. You are smart, you are strong, you are cunning and hard headed, but you are also very caring and beautiful. I can’t believe that everyone can see it except you."

(Y/n) blushed at his world's as a soft smile formed on her lips. She really needed to hear those words. She really needed them so she could regain her confidence and courage. And Kakashi was more than happy to sit and remind her about all that, because he was the only one that could see it every day in her.

-"You know Kakashi that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." she told him as she looked up at the night sky with a smile that could outshine the moon and all the stars
-"You’re right! Tomorrow I’m going to be a Jonin. You can bet on it!"

After that (Y/n) hugged the man beside him not letting her smile fade. She was really happy to have him in times like that. Kakashi returned the small hug immediately as he buried his head in her hair taking in her smell before they let go of each other.

-"Thank you Kakashi. I don’t know what I would do without my best friend."

He frowned at her words, but luckily for him she couldn't see it under his mask. In times like those he was really grateful for wearing it.

-"You don’t have to thank me (Y/n). I just stated the obvious that anyone can see."

-"Well, I couldn't. So I really am grateful." she said as she got up from her sit more excited than ever.
-"Tomorrow I am going to pass that exam for sure and I want us to make a bet for it."

-"Oh? What do you have in mind?" he asked her curious.

-"If I pass the test tomorrow you have to buy me food for a month!"

-"And if you don't?"

-"I will do whatever you tell me for a whole day. Deal?" (Y/n) said as she extended her hand for a handshake.

-"Deal." Kakashi said as he gave her his hand.

(Y/n) smiled at this and pulled him up on his feet through their handshake. Suddenly she was feeling really excited and full of hope. She knew for sure that she is going to pass that exam and make her dream come true.

-"Kakashi can you do me a favor?"

-"Anything you want." Kakashi asked her as he suddenly felt the urge to blush, but managed to hold it back.
-"Promise me that no matter what happens, you will be by my side supporting me because of our friendship."

-"I will promise it only if you do the same." he told her as he frowned once again.

-"I promise!" she answered smiling brightly.
-"It’s pretty late. I have to go to bed so I can wake up early tomorrow."

-"Good night (Y/n). See you tomorrow."Kakashi told her as he forced himself to smile.

-"Good night Kakashi" (Y/n) answered and took off jumping from branch to branch so she could get back to her house.

Kakashi on the other hand stayed behind. He didn't move. He just took his eyes off the spot she was seconds ago and looked at the moon. He had a sad look in his eyes along with a broken heart that could never be fixed.

-"You know (Y/n), there was one more thing I forgot to ask you." he whispered as he locked his eyes on the moon.
-"Who was the one that stole my heart?"

-"That was you again."

......

The end.