Chapter IV

Calvin's emotions was all confused. He felt guilty about the harsh things he said to Dr.Kelly but then again, he was glad to let it out. The time had finally came. He was ready to meet Nicole's parents. Calvin parked neared the Harris' Residence. He got out of his vehicle and shut the door. The sky grew darker as the beaming moon touched his soft, delicate skin.

"Here we go," The apprehensive teen thought.

He motioned towards the main door. Bang! Bang! Bang! Calvin attempted to calm his nerves. The door slowly opened. His dark brown eyes met a tall man; A tall man with dark brown hair and no facial hair.

"You must be Calvin. I'm Nicole's father," Mr. Harris began, exposing his right hand for a hand shake. Calvin shook it firmly with a forming smile. They broke apart the greeting.

He continued, "Please, come on in. It's nice to finally meet you. Your all Nicole talks about." That remark brighten Calvin's smile. He walked inside the well designed house. His face was in awe. There was paintings, ornaments, and chandeliers. Mr. Harris noticed the boy's face expression.

He inferred, "I take it you like what you see."

"Very," Calvin replied, looking at the painted portrait of the Harris family hanging on the wall. His big eyes widened suspiciously.

Calvin questioned, "Who is the blonde girl with the green dress?"

"Oh, that's Nicole's older sister, Chelsea. She passed away three years ago from a bullet wound by her psychotic ex-boyfriend," The father stated, looking down hurt. The man's eyes were shuttered, trying to recover himself from his tragic lost. Calvin sensed that he felt absolutely uncomfortable discussing it. He tried to change the topic.

"I'm sure your daughter is in a better place. I'm sorry for your loss. So uh, is Nicole and your wife ready?"

Mr. Harris told, "Well, girls do take a long time to freshen up. I'll check." Calavera waited patiently, still paying his attention to the picture.

"Ladies! Your loving husband and boyfriend needs you to come down now," Father shouted, tapping his left black boot, along with Mr. Harris' hairy arms crossed.

Mrs. Harris shouted back, "Hold on, we are talking!" The two males shared a moment of laughter.

After what seemed liked forever, the women came down, looking incredibly astonishing. Calvin's eyes was locked with Nicoles'. The feeling of butterflies approached the inside of his stomach. There was so many things that the girl could do to him. Happiness, was one. Nicole walked up to her warmhearted boyfriend.

"Hey Calvin, I'm so glad that you're here," she greeted, wrapping her arms around his neck. Their lips joined together, earning a growl from Mr. Harris.

Mrs. Harris added, "We are in this room." The two romantically linked couple removed their lips as her lover blushed in embarrassment.

"Yeah we knew that," Nicole responded sarcastically, making Mr. Harris chuckle. Finally, their oven buzzed, meaning it was time for supper.

Dinner was going incredible for Calvin. He remembered to wear a long sleeve shirt to cover up his purposely added scars. The mystery boy was gaining the parents' interest.

"Calvin," Mr. Harris continued, "I forgot to ask, do you participate in any activities in school?" He consumed his wine, waiting for an answer. Calavera stopped eating the steak as his eyes stared at the parent.

Calvin addressed, "Yes sir, I do artwork after school and write poems on the weekends in a program."

"Calvin is an amazing poet. I've read most of his poems and it's emotional and beautiful altogether," His girl added on, causing a lovely grin. Writing was very important to the young man. Whenever he felt depressed or abandoned, he would write poems to express the feelings he had. The majority of the things he wrote, was the sad truth.