The Aftermath

11 years later...

   "Daddy! Daddy! Don't leave yet," The little girl called.

    Her father picked her up, looking into her crystal clear eyes.

     He responded, "I know, I know. Daddy didn't forget his afternoon kiss."

      She pecked him on both cheeks, giggling as he tickled her stomach.

     "I love you daddy," she said smiling.

    "I love you too Kimberly," he returned, placing her two feet back on the floor. Eventually, his wife walked down the steps. She walked up to her man, holding her arms out. His arms were holding her waist.

   "Good evening Mr. Calavera," she greeted flirty.

   "Good evening Mrs. Calavera," he said, kissing her on the lips lovingly and smooth. Kimberly poked her bottom lip out, stomping her feet. The parents stopped making out, looking at their creation.

   "What Kimberly," Calvin asked.

    "That is so gross," she complained.

        All Nicole and Calvin could do was laugh. She was too young to understand.

   Calvin explained, "Me and your mommy are in love. When you are older, you would be doing the same thing."

    "I would never daddy."

   "Exactly. You will never; until you are married."

    "Yeah, until you are married. Until then, you enjoy being the precious little baby girl that you are," Nicole agreed. "Also Calvin, how long is your book signing?"

       He guessed, "I don't know, approximately three hours or so. I'm really excited. It is my very first book and it is popular."

   "You deserve it daddy," the daughter congratulated.

     She clapped her little hands together. The father blushed a little.

    "I couldn't take all the credit. So, I have to get going to the mall. I'll see you ladies later. Love you all so very much," he finished, kissing his wife on the lips and his daughter on the forehead. Mr. Calavera grabbed his briefcase full of books and headed straight out the door, leaving his family behind.

_____________________________________________

  Interviewer: Hello, this is Rachel Sache interviewing one of New York times best selling author, Calvin Calavera on his book titled, "Over The Edge." So Calvin, can I call you Mr. Calavera?"

  Calvin: Go on ahead Rachel.

  Interviewer: Okay, Mr. Calavera, how did you come up with this brilliant masterpiece?

Calvin: Well it sure wasn't hard (laughing) but uh, the story relates to my life.

Interviewer: Well Mr. Calavera, what do you mean by that?

Calvin: The main character in the book...is me.

Interviewer: What I shocker! So wait, let me get this straight; the boy in Over The Edge is Lucas Ryder. So Lucas Ryder is basically-

Calvin: Me? Yes he is. I didn't really want to write a auto-biography as the start of my career so I just detailed my life with just a different cast.

   Interviewer: Wow. What was it like to endure all of those harsh feelings?

  Calvin: (hesitation) Wow uh I really don't know where to start. But, it was very tough for me to handle. When I was in college, the bullying was still going on but I was confident and mature enough to not let it get to me. In High School, that had to be the worst years of my life.