Liam cuts himself while cooking {niam}

"What are you making tonight, Li?" Niall asked from his spot on the couch in the hotel suite he and Liam shared. Liam was in the kitchen, staring into the fridge.

"Hmm... Well, we have a lot of vegetables..." he paused to yawn deeply. It'd been a long day in the studio for him, and he was looking forward to relaxing later. "What about a soup? And I can prepare that fresh bread we have with it," He asked Niall over his shoulder.

"That sounds delicious." said Niall, already picturing it. His mouth watered at the thought of Liam's cooking. It was one of the many things that made him so amazing.

Liam noticed his starry-eyed expression and laughed. "Alright. I'll get started right away then."

"I love you." Niall said seriously, looking up at him from his phone. "Always have."

"I love you too," Liam responded with a smile, then turned back around and began pulling out carrots, celery, and an onion from the fridge.

"Shall we listen to some music?" asked Niall, turning up the volume on his phone and hitting shuffle. A song by the Lumineers started playing and the steady beat began to sincopate with the evening's routine. Niall settled even more comfortably on the couch, scrolling through twitter and jotting down song notes. He heard Liam shuffling about behind him, and the sound of water coming to a boil. "O-Ophelia..." Liam sang along absent- mindedly. He pulled out a cutting board and washed and dried the bright, fresh carrots he'd bought earlier in the week.

He reached out to grab a knife from the holder and it slipped from his fingers, sliding across the counter and clattering to the ground. "Oop-" he cried, jumping away from it.

Niall sat up at the loud crash, swiveling around to see what had happened. "Li, you alright?"

Liam leaned down and picked up the knife, shaking his head a little. "Yeah, I'm fine. That was weird... I'm not usually this clumsy." He shrugged. "I guess I'm just tired."

"I could help..." Niall offered. He wasn't very skilled preparing food - eating it was his specialty - but maybe there was something he could do to help things go smoothly.

"No, it's alright. I'll be fine, I'm just cutting vegetables for God's sake." Liam said, sounding stern with himself.

Niall shrugged and stood up from the couch. "I'll set the table. That way I'll be nearby if you need anything."

Liam didn't argue. Niall came over to his side and opened the cupboard over his head, pulling out two bowls and setting them on the counter.

"Be careful with those," Liam said apprehensively, watching as Niall lowered them from so high up. "Here, let me--"

"Relax, Li, I'm fully capable," Niall said, a little annoyed. Liam might be taller, but that didn't mean he had to do everything.

Liam backed-off, a hurt look in his eyes. "Sorry. Of course you're capable."

"It's ok, no hard feelings love," Niall said, leaning over and peking Liam on the cheek, before marching over the little dining table.

Liam finished off the first carrot and moved on to the next one, still glancing over at Niall every few moments. He didn't want to be rude and pushy and tell Niall to leave him alone, but having him walking around near him, singing and gathering cutlery, was incredibly distracting, and he was already finding it hard to focus since he was so tired.

It happened so fast Liam couldn't tell how it had happened. One moment he was cutting the carrot, and the next moment, a great sting of pain shot through his palm. He stared down at his hand, at the blood that began seeping out of it onto the cutting board, and hardly registered anything. But the shock didn't last long.

"Li-- Oh my God!" Niall exclaimed, jarring Liam back to his senses. He gasped and cried out from the pain, letting the knife fall onto the cuttingboard and clutching his wounded hand. There was a long gash through his palm; at least two inches long, and judging from the amount of blood, it was deep too.

Niall was panicking. "Oh my God, oh my God-- here, put it under water!" He turned on the sink and grabbed Liam's hand, thrusting it under the rushing water.

That was a bad idea. Liam shouted out at the awful sting from the icy water, which made it even more painful. Tears filled his eyes, which he shut tightly. "Turn it down!" He barked at Niall, not intending to be so blunt. Niall hurriedly turned down the water to a faint stream. Gingerly, Liam held out his hand and let the water clean out the blood, clenching his teeth. He felt a bit queasy.

"Should I call for help? Do you need a hospital?" Niall asked helplessly. "Please, tell me what to do. I'm scared..." he pleaded.

"Grab a rag... third drawer on the right." Liam instructed, trying to take deep breaths and calm his thundering heart. "We have to apply pressure to it."

In a flash Niall presented him with a rag, which Liam took and pressed against the cut. The pain was becoming less of a sting and more of a relentless throb, and the blood didn't seem to really be letting up. Liam was starting to feel lightheaded.

"I've gotta sit down," He said, his voice a bit faint. Niall guided him to a chair at the kitchen table and he collapsed into it, resting his hand on the table where it was above his chest.

"Now... we just hope the bleeding stops, I guess," Liam said. His breathing was calmer now. He kinda wanted to just rest his head on the table and go to sleep. Fuck vegetable soup.

Niall sat down across from him. He felt shaky, and awful about what had happened. He should've just let Liam cook in peace, like usual. So what if he dropped a knife once?

"I'm sorry I didn't leave you alone." he said quietly. "None of this would've happened-"

"Don't worry about it," Liam assured him. "I'll be fine, it's just a little cut." He tried to smile comfortingly, but it was probably more of a grimace.

Niall shook his head. "Little cut? A great big gash, more like." He gently placed his hand on top of Liam's. "But there's no point arguing over it. How do you feel? You look a bit peaky."

"It still hurts. A lot." Liam admitted. He could feel the tears he forced down coming back now, but this time he couldn't stop them. He hated to let others see him cry, especially Niall, but this time he couldn't help it. He was too tired and hungry and in pain.

"Aw, Li, don't cry," Niall cooed as Liam broke down, whimpering and hicupping as great tears dripped down his cheeks.

Liam let Niall wrap his arms around him and rested his head in the crook of Niall's neck, sobbing into his shirt. "Shhh... it's okay, Li... you'll be fine... you're strong, stronger than me at least..." Niall murmured into his ear.

Finally, when he was able to stop crying long enough to sit up and blow his nose, Liam let Niall remove the rag from around his hand. They both examined the cut, and luckily, the blood appeared to have slowed down. It wasn't as deep as Liam had thought. In fact it would probably heal fine with some cream and bandages. There might be a scar, but nothing more.

Sniffing and drying his eyes, Liam smiled at Niall. "I guess it's not so bad. And for supper... does Nando's sound like an okay alternative?"

Niall pulled Liam into an even closer hug, which Liam returned with one hand. "Of course it does." he said, giving his boyfriend a kiss on the lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this isn't amazing and maybe i shouldn't have started with an injury fic but whateva, i hope you enjoyed reading it anyway :3 Please don't forget to vote and stay tuned for the next update! (warning: it'll be larry) I hope you have a brilLiam day/night and if you don't feel free to pm me I'll listen to your rants (:

ily'all, byeee <3

Kiki