Harry gets food poisoning {zarry}

The snow blew lightly onto Harry and Zayn's faces as they walked hand-in-hand down the street. Shops they passed by glowed with Christmas lights and warmth. It had been a magical evening, and they were on their way back from the local Italian restaurant, where they had spent the evening. Harry, for one, was stuffed from the pasta alfredo dish he'd had. He'd been trying not to indulge in so much pasta and cheese recently, but he figured a night like this was a fine opportunity to have a bit of fun.

"Thanks for the date," He said to Zayn, smiling. "You really are a charmer."

Zayn smiled. "I like to make everything perfect."

They strolled the rest of their way back home, laughing and enjoying the holiday spirit. They spent the evening watching cheesy Christmas movies, eating popcorn, playing card games and drinking wine.

Eventually Harry must've fallen asleep, because a little while later, he woke up with a tummy ache. His stomach cramped painfully and he inhaled sharply, causing Zayn to look over at him. "You okay?" he asked.

Harry rubbed his belly. "My stomach hurts..." he said.

"Maybe 'cause you ate too much?" Zayn suggested jokingly, patting Harry's stomach, which was sticking out a little. "That was a lot of pasta,"

"Yeah, you're probably right." Harry conceded. Then he belched loudy, which seemed only to prove Zayn's point.

The movie continued, but Harry wasn't paying attention anymore. His stomach was churning and he felt a bit nauseous. He didn't say anything about it though. He didn't want to ruin what had been such a wonderful date night.

He burped again, trying to be quieter this time, but it still caught Zayn's attention. This time however, he didn't joke about it. Instead he looked concerned. "Harry, you look sort of green... are you sure you're alright?" He reached for the remote and stopped the movie.

Harry bit his lower lip, then shook his head. "I don't feel good." He pressed a hand to his stomach, which was cramping again. He groaned, in earnest this time.

Zayn paused the movie. He placed a hand on Harry's back. "It got worse, eh?"

"I..." Harry's face went white. "I think I'm gonna throw up." Suddenly his cheeks puffed out and he cupped his hands over his mouth.

Zayn grabbed the empty popcorn bowl from the coffee table and placed it in front of Harry just in time. He leaned forward and threw up into it. The waves of nausea kept coming, and Harry became more miserable as more of his stomach came up. Finally the vomiting ceased and Harry swallowed, clutching his aching tummy. "Uurge, it hurts," He groaned.

"Let's get you to bed," said Zayn, standing up. "It's late anyway. Hopefully whatever's bugging you will go away soon."

Harry nodded half-heartedly and let Zayn help him into bed. Zayn left to clean up in the living room, leaving Harry alone. Harry lay curled on his side, massaging his cramped up belly. His stomach made strange noises and he groaned miserably.

When Zayn returned, he saw that Harry had thrown off his blankets and was sweating quite a bit. He lay on his stomach, moaning ever so softly. Zayn sat down on the side of the bed and rubbed Harry's back.

"Why is it so hot in here?" Harry asked, his voice gravelly.

Zayn knit his eyebrows. "It isn't." He lifted Harry's hair and pressed his palm to his forehead, then frowned. "I'll get a cold compress." Then he stood up to leave again.

"Wait..." Harry moaned. "Don't leave... please... ughhh" He rolled back onto his side, hugging himself and scrunching up his face from the pain.

Zayn sat back down. "Okay. I'll stay with you." He stroked Harry's cheek gently, murmuring soft words of comfort until his eyelids began to droop. Eventually Harry's breathing evened out with the steadiness of sleep, and Zayn left to get ready for bed, then crawled under the covers beside Harry and lay awake, worrying about him.

At some point in the night Harry woke up and rushed to the bathroom to puke again. Zayn groggily followed him to the bathroom and knelt beside him, massaging his back as he heaved into the toilet bowl. The vomit kept coming and soon Harry was shaking with tears.

"Shhh, Harry, relax, just spit it all out," Zayn cooed. "It'll be over soon."

After throwing up another couple times, Harry almost collapsed on top of the toilet. His arms were practically spaghetti, and Zayn had to hold him up and pull him away from the toilet bowl. Harry held his tummy with one hand, his breathing fast, tears spilling down his cheeks. "Make it stop..." he moaned.

"Come back to bed," Zayn said gently. "I know it hurts. I can go get some medication for you once you fall asleep okay?"

Harry didn't respond, but Zayn still helped him to his feet. Harry was far weaker now than he'd been before, so Zayn took on most of his weight when he wrapped his arm around his shoulder, but that was okay. He guided Harry back into bed, propping up his head on some pillows. "There you go,"

"I'm so... tired..." Harry managed to gasp. He was breathing hard, like he'd run a marathon. He closed his eyes, his brow furrowed with discomfort. "And thirsty... can I have some water?"

"Are you sure it'll stay down?" Zayn asked cautiously.

Harry paused. "Probably not," He admitted. "But my throat hurts... please?" He opened his eyes again, pleading with them.

Zayn sighed. "Fine. I'll bring some water. Just... take slow, deep breaths, ok?"

Harry followed Zayn's instructions and felt his heartbeat start to slow down. He drank the sweet-tasting water Zayn brought him, and although it tasted bad, it felt nice on his burning throat. Eventually he fell back to sleep, and luckily, didn't wake up until morning.

The next day started off as bad as before. Harry spent most of the morning kneeling over the toilet, gagging as his stomach tried so hard to rid itself of whatever shouldn't be there. Zayn called a doctor, who explained that it was likely Harry just had a case of food poisoning.

"There must've been something up with your alfredo," Zayn told Harry once he was back on the couch. "You've probably thrown it all up now, though. You should feel better soon."

"That's good," Harry mumbled into his pillow. "I still feel awful though," he groaned. "I never want to eat again."

"That'll change, don't worry," Zayn said, smiling kindly. "In the meantime... It's kinda nice to spend so much time taking care of you. You're sort of adorable when you're sick, y'know."

"Shut up," Harry said, feeling his cheeks burn. "I look terrible."

"That isn't possible," Zayn countered, planting a kiss on Harry's forehead, before taking his hand and rubbing Harry's palm with his thumb.

Harry stared into Zayn's eyes and felt himself relax. Even though his stomach hurt and he was tired and sick, he felt safe knowing Zayn would always be there to take care of him.

"I love you," He murmured, starting to fall asleep again.

"I love you too," he heard Zayn whisper, before closing his eyes and falling into darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayo!! Sorry for dissappearing on you people! I hope you are doing amazing and I'm sorry I couldn't get this out sooner <3 ik my update shedule has pretty much non-existent but I'll try to stick to Tuesdays from now on. 

Shout out *shouts out* to those who added this to your reading list recently!! And thank you SO much for all the votes! You readers mean the world to me :') 

- Kiki, your favourite in the whole wide world ;)