·  ·  ·  · 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

"This." The blond opened a box, revealing a foreign object inside. He delicately picked it up and placed it before you. "Do you have any memories about this device? You used it quite often when you were a part of the Survey Corps."

You lowered your head to get a closer look at it. That's when a memory flashed through your mind. You could vividly remember the noise it would make whenever it was used, a loud whizzing noise. "I definitely remember seeing this in my dream. What is it though?"

Zeke closed his eyes, pressing his fingers together. His forehead creased as he dug into his mind to remember the name of the object. He snapped his fingers. "It's a fragment of the Omni-directional mobility gear that we had managed to recover from your body when we found you." He planted his feet on the ground.

After poking at it and turning it a couple of times you had gotten a grasp on how it was supposed to function. "So this... if I could recall correctly, we'd wear it on our lower backs and it'd help us move around."

"Correct!" Zeke was a bit shocked to see how you easily picked up on the mechanics of the device. "It was really useful in combat with Titans."

Yelena watched, awestruck with the idea of killing Titans with this tiny device. Her dark hues were hooked onto the ODM gear, trying to examining every little detail. "Y/N you must've had a pretty strong core.."

You hovered your hand over your lower abdomen, releasing a small laugh. "I guess so. Balance is very crucial when it comes to using these things. The person who came up with it must've been a genius."

Yelena and Zeke both nodded in agreement to what you had just said. Without another minute to spare Zeke decided to put away the device incase someone walked in on them looking at a weapon from the enemy across the ocean.

Zeke flattened the palm of his hands on the table and pushed himself off his seat. He took off his glasses and placed them on top of the book on his desk. "I never got a chance to properly thank you Y/N."

You followed his actions and stood up. A look of confusion washed over your blank expression. "For what exactly?" You asked for him to elaborate his reason why.

"Reiner's been a mess ever since he got back from Paradis. Losing Annie and Bertholdt was not easy for him. I'm sure you've seen either one of them in your visions." He pried open the window behind him and took out a cigarette. Zeke held the stick between his teeth and lit it up. He closed his mouth around the stick before breathing out to release the smoke through his nostrils.

A feeling of guilt resided in your heart whenever you heard Reiner's name. "I want to do everything I can to help him get back on his feet to fulfill his duties till the bitter end. Since obviously he can't come back with me."

He simply nodded in response. "He wouldn't be very welcome back on Paradis. He's done a great deal of damage so accepting him would be nearly impossible."

Yelena shot the War Chief a cold glance since she knew he was talking like a hypocrite. She knew what he had done to the rest of those soldiers back on Paradis. He nearly wiped them out.

"Well," He pinched his fingers around the cigar and took it out of his mouth. "The sun is going to set soon and Yelena needs to meet back with the rest of her crew. Y/N, you can find Reiner in the courtyard just a little ways down the street when you exit."

You nodded before dismissing yourself from the room. You followed exactly what he said and eventually ran into Gabi. She was causing quite the scene by bragging about how fast she was compared to Falco.