·  ·  ·  · 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀

ONE MONTH AND
2 WEEKS LATER

You flipped open the weekly newspaper with your head leaning against Reiner's shoulder. He was currently reading through the physical examination results of the Warriors in training. Your eyes skimmed over the front page and felt your heart crack.

Reiner felt your head grow heavy on his shoulder and glanced at the newspaper in your hands. He raised an eyebrow, "Time is passing by so fast. Zeke's going back to Paradis in just two months." He took a bite of his toast.

"Yeah..." You exhaled softly, turning the page. On the next page was just more topics about war. It was depressing to read but you felt the need to always be on your feet so whenever something did happen you could act fast.

A light chuckle left the blondes mouth as he continued to read Falco's results. "Falco needs to gain a little if he wants to beat Gabi one day. He resembles Colt quite a lot."

You gently pinched the back of his neck as your lips curved down. "Have some faith in the little guy!"

"Alright, alright." Reiner grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours. He planted a soft kiss on the top of your head. "Do you want to do another bet?" He smiled.

You blinked your eyes twice remembering the last time you made a bet with him. You shook your head immediately. "No way! Never again Reiner."

"You enjoyed it though right? Reiner, Reiner!" He mocked your voice that one night you lost to his bet. "Right?"

"I'm scheduling that date with Pieck." You sighed, pulling your hand away from his.

"I was kidding my love!" He snaked his arms around your waist and pulled you back, causing you to fall back and land on his thigh. Reiner pecked at your neck and rested his chin on your shoulder. "Don't get sensitive on me now, you're the one who's always mean to me."

A light blush crept onto your cheeks. You puffed your cheeks out and slumped your shoulders in defeat. "Whatever."

"I love you~" He cooed, brushing his fingers through your H/C strands of hair.

"I love you more." You rubbed your hands between your thighs with a shy smile on your face.

"And I love you most."

Reiner had gone out that Afternoon and had told you that he wouldn't be able to come visit you that evening because he was going to be busy the entire day. It was a gloomy Wednesday afternoon and the streets were close to empty. It looked like it was about to rain. William was on stand-by today so he was up in his room looking through patient files. If he received a call from the clinic then he'd go over to help them out.

"I'll come see you when I can." Reiner placed his hand on your cheek, gently brushing his thumb against your skin. "Bye."

You locked yourself in your room shortly after sending him off. Tears quickly formed over your eyes, blurring your vision. You leaned your back against the door, slowly sliding down as you felt your legs begin to shake. Everything was happening so fast and you didn't like it. Going home was your priority but time was running short for you and Reiner.

Soon you'd have to break the news to him yet you didn't even know how to even begin. Little by little your willingness to go was getting weaker. All this time with Reiner was taking your sight away from reality.

You quietly began to sob on the wooden floor. Your body trembled uncontrollably with the tears coming nonstop. It was finally hitting you. You were finally coming to your senses. You'd be leaving soon and everything that happened in Liberio would just be nothing more than a memory. That included your relationship with Reiner.

"You're leaving?" Reiner's voice cracked as tears began to form in his eyes. His hazel irises were shaking. He bit down on his lower lip, fighting back the urge to cry.

You wrapped your arm around yourself. Hot tears streamed down the sides of your cheeks. "I'm sorry." Was all you could mutter.

He clenched his fists and drew his gaze towards the ground. Reiner's shoulders began to tremble as he began to cry. "Sorry? You're fucking sorry? I thought you loved me."

"And that's true! I do—"

"No. You've been hiding this from me! If you truly loved me then you would've told me so we could work things out." He cut you off with a harsh tone in his voice.

You widened your eyes and shook your head in disbelief. Your voice wavered as you tried to explain to him even more. "It would've been selfish of me to stay here and put all of you at risk. Someday I'm going to be found out! And you.. you're going to be accused of treason for saving me and bringing me here!"

He slowly walked up to you and grabbed onto your shoulders. He shook your body and stared at you with a look of fear. "Then let them punish me! I won't let them lay a finger on you."

You shot out of bed, waking up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down your face. You grasped the hem of your night gown and leaned your head against the side of your bed. Your shoulders heaved up and down as you tried to catch your breath.

So it was only a dream.

Even though it was a dream you were deathly terrified to tell him. That reaction didn't seem too far from being realistic. Reiner could be completely shattered if you told him. You thought not telling him and just disappearing would be easier for you, but that was selfish. Knowing Reiner, he'd probably run around looking for you until he could figure out where you went.

You lifted your gaze and stared out the window. From the angle you were sitting in, you could see the moon shining brightly behind the thin layers of clouds.

Today was the day where you would start counting your days left on Marley.