| chapter 5 |

"i agree," rika stated, extending her hand out.

yuta shot his head up at her, not a word leaving his mouth.

"well?" she raised a brow at his frozen state.

yuta cleared his throat and snapped back into his senses. he put his hand in hers and shook it, "i'm glad you are willing to comply."

"the pleasure is mine mr. nakamoto," rika smiled.

"please, call me yuta," he grinned, "i want to keep things friendly with you."

rika scoffed as the corner of her lip curved upwards, "alright, yuta."

the lad gulped as he heard her say his name. his name rolled off her tongue smoothly, he missed hearing her call him. how happy she would sound every time she would call for him, but now all it sounded like was ice, like it meant nothing.

"if we're keeping things friendly, feel free to call me rika," the woman offered.

"as you wish, rika."

rika showed yuta around her headquarters, showing where they kept weapons, where hacking took place, where the bar and casino was. there was no denying that this girl was extremely rich.

"i'm impressed by this place, by you. how did you get this wealthy?" yuta questioned as his eyes roamed around the casino.

"hard work, a lot of hard work. it wasn't easy getting to this point. i had to fight my way up here, and i lost a lot for it," she sighed, "but my team really played a big part in my success, our success."

yuta nodded, he looked at her intently as she spoke. she turned her head to look right back at him and their eyes met. their gazes were locked for a moment before rika cleared her throat.

"speaking of my team, let me introduce you to them," she led him out of the gambling den and down the hall where the familiar tall, white doors that were used throughout the whole construction. she pushed them open where six girls who were seated at a long table. yuta assumed this was the meeting room.

the room was brightly lit by natural light that shone through the large windows. the chandelier hanging over the prolonged, marble conference table illuminated the space even more. the girls were seated in large, leather padded wheely chairs. lastly a wide screened tv was on the wall at the front of the room, easy for anyone to see. it had a very comfy feel despite it being a place of seriousness. it definitely felt more welcoming than his own conference room at his headquarters.

"girls, this is yuta nakamoto, leader of nct and our new ally," rika introduced.

the latters stood from their seats and bowed, which yuta reciprocated.

"it's a pleasure to finally meet you mr. nakamoto. my name is soyeon," the blonde haired girl spoke.

yuta only gave a small nod and smile.

"as for everyone else, that is minnie, yuqi, soojin, miyeon and shuhua," rika familiarized the man with the girls.

she mentioned how shuhua and miyeon were part of the hacking team as they specialized in anything technology. minnie and soyeon are some of their strongest fighters and were in charge of the combat unit. due to their visuals and timid aura, soojin and yuqi were very good at attracting, seducing and allurement. they were the ones who got their enemy right where they want them.

she did remind him that despite them having their designated roles and specialties, they could all fight and were extremely smart. not even one of them were weak in the basic skills.