2

The tires screeched as Jungkook applied break. Taehyung opened the door and got out of his car. He waved at Jungkook and walked towards his apartment. He loosened his tie, unbuttoning the first 2 buttons. He slowly unlocked the door, not wanting to make a sound.

Little did he know that he didn't make a sound, thinking you are asleep. He got inside to be welcomed with only the light coming from the television. He saw you asleep on the couch hugging the cushion. He dropped himself on the couch opposite to the one you were sleeping on.

He sighed looking at you. Your cheek squished on the cushion making your lips pout, cute. You hadn't changed your clothes also. He switched off the television and switched on some dim lights. Your eyes fluttered open at the change in atmosphere.

Your eyes met his, your eyes instinctively widened a bit, he looked pale, beads of sweat near his forehead. He headed to his bedroom to get freshened. You gulped, you had expected atleast some reaction if he had seen the divorce papers.

You groaned and walked towards the kitchen to fill your growling stomach. You made sauce and side by side drenched the pasta. You hadn't realised you already prepared an extra serving. Your eyes welled up as you ate your dinner alone. You stuck a sticky note for him to know about the food.

You instinctively made electrolyte water for him, he looked too pale for your satisfaction. You were washing dishes when he entered the living room seeing you there too. He read the note and looked at your back washing your dishes.

He read the note multiple times. He sipped the electrolyte water, scrunching his nose at the taste. You turned around to leave

Taehyung: Sit here...

You flinched hearing his voice and immediately wiped the corner of your eyes. You went sat across him, seeing him eat. He chewed slowly. You opened your mouth to ask him about the divorce papers but nothing came out so you remained silent.

He soon finished eating and got up

Y/n: Drink that!

He frowned at your strict yet smooth voice. How much had he craved for you to talk to him...

He ignored your words and picked up his plate to wash it. You held his wrist and motioned him to drink. Chills went through his body when you touched him. He went and drank it in one go. He groaned at the taste.

You unknowingly smiled at him, he noticed and loosened his wrist from your grip. His phone rang, you slightly peeked in to see the contact but he took it.

Taehyung: Yeah I'm good mom...

You looked around

Taehyung: Y/n? She's sleeping...call her later on

You frowned... WTF

He washed the dishes while talking to his mom. Ugh! You didn't give up. You came from behind him, splashed water on him from the tap open and took the phone, ran in the balcony.

Taehyung: Ah...what the hell Y/n ah!

You smirked victoriously

Y/n: Auntyyyy...how are you?!!!!

You felt her smile on hearing your ever so cheerful voice.

Aunty: Oh my dear, I'm perfectly fine how are you doi-

Taehyung snatched the phone from behind and spoke

Taehyung: She's ok...I'll call you later Mumma...

He pouted while saying 'mumma'

He cut the call, stood hardly having any distance from you. He looked into your eyes, he forgot what he had come to you for. The same eyes which let out tears that day till there none left, the same eyes which even had love and hurt for him.

You shivered at his intense gaze. He tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. A cold gush of wind whooshed making goosebumps rise on your skin. A bit your inner cheek in nervousness. It felt as if all those feelings from the past came up crashing on your heart.

His eyes filled with utmost care and hurt. His lower lip shivered.

A lone tear left your eye as he kissed it away. He noticed what you were feeling and got away. He glided a hand through his hair.

Taehyung: Thanks for the dinner...

You both got into your respective rooms and dispersed for the day.

__🌤️__

The next day, Taehyung went work to get encountered by a nervous, hurt Jungkook. A fear of something bad developed in his heart. Jungkook was still contemplating how to show him the divorce papers but it was a must.

He had to anyway. Jungkook sighed frustratingly and gave Taehyung the papers. Taehyung read it emotionlessly. He had no idea how to react, he had no idea why his name was written, he had no idea why you had signed it.

His heartbeats fastened. He felt numb. He looked up at Jungkook, confusedly. Jungkook nodded hesitantly, trying to assure him that it was no joke.

Taehyung: S-She wants a d-d-divorce?