un

un. vote & comment 💋

Cassiopeia stood in front of the Hogwarts Express, taking a deep breath

Cassiopeia stood in front of the Hogwarts Express, taking a deep breath. It was her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She often wondered how her life would have turned out if she hadn't embraced her magic and instead stayed in school for Muggles.

Initially, Cassiopeia regretted her decision because people would call her a 'Mudblood' wherever she went, and a certain messy-haired boy would not stop asking her out. But as time went on, she realized that enduring the name-calling was a small price to pay for the amazing friends she had made.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts, Cassiopeia boarded the train, eager to find her best friend, Severus Snape. He was her very first friend, and they met at a library when she was nine years old. They bonded over a book, and Cassiopeia invited him to dinner at her house. Her parents loved him, and from then on, they spent every day together.

Although the girls, especially Lily and Marlene, didn't approve of Severus, Cassiopeia made it clear that it was her choice whom she befriended, and that he always would always come first.

Only a few moments later she found him sitting in an empty compartment. "Cassie!" he smiled.

A large grin took over her face. "Sev! I'm sorry that we lost each other in the crowd."

"No worries, it wasn't your fault, it was those little first years. They ran us over. Back when we were first years we respected our elders. And now look at them. . ." He trailed off.

She let out a beautiful laugh and playfully punched his shoulder. "Sev! Don't be so cruel, they were just excited for their first year! We surely weren't any better."

He subtly rolled his eyes so she wouldn't notice. "Hey, don't you have to go to the prefect carriage?"

Her eyes widened. He was right. "Shoot, thanks Sev. I'll see you at Hogwarts!" Without waiting for a response, she took off running leaving Severus to smile to himself.

Arriving at the prefect carriages, she found Remus Lupin sitting quietly by himself. "Remus! I missed you! How was your summer?"

Remus smiled at his friend. "I missed you too, Cassie. It was very good actually, thank you. The boys and I met up most of the summer days, we had so much fun. How was yours?"

Cassiopeia smiled at those words. He used to always distance himself from people because of his lycanthropy so she was happy that Remus had friends who cared for him. He deserved to have some fun and happiness.

"That's wonderful, Remus! My holidays were quite nice. My parents and I went on a trip to Paris! It was magical. We'll have to catch up later, alright?" Remus nodded as the meeting started.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

After Cassiopeia spent her dinner with Severus in the Great Hall at the Slytherin table, Remus and Cassie had led the first years to the Gryffindor Common Room and said their goodnights.

As Cassiopeia entered her dormitory, she was surprised to find two people locked in a heated make-out session. It was Lily and Marlene.

With a smirk, Cassiopeia jokingly said, "Keep the snogging to a minimum and give your best friend a hug." Lily and Marlene quickly separated, their faces turning red with embarrassment.

Both girls rushed towards Cassie and gave her tight hugs, exclaiming in unison, "We missed you so much!"

Cassiopeia playfully rolled her eyes and replied, "You two spend way too much time together. Seriously, saying things in sync?"

Just then, Alice opened the door to her dormitory, wearing the biggest smile on her face. Marlene raised her eyebrows suggestively and asked, "Does that smile have anything to do with a certain plant-obsessed nerd named Frank Longbottom?"

They all burst into laughter, sharing a moment of pure joy. It was a moment when they knew they were finally back home, and nothing could ever break them as long as they had each other.