That Secret

*Ari's P.O.V.*

Lia and Jax weren't as bad as I thought, to be honest. Lia was probably the first female friend I had ever made and she actually thought Roy and I were dating! Lmaooo! We're more like brother and sister, he knows everything about me - 

"Hey, Lil sister," Jason, my stepbrother, whispered in my ear. 

- except one thing. 

"Yooo, Jay!" Him and Roy did that bro handshake.

"Jay this is Jax," Roy said pointing to Jax. "Jax this is Jay - short for Jason."

I could already sense the tension between them as they both greeted each other with a 'hi'. Thankfully so could Lia.

"So uh guys why don't you and Jay go to class," She said pointing at Roy. "And we could have that tour with Ari."

"I'll come with you if you don't mind," Jason said, grabbing my arm and smirking at me. I immediately yanked it away.

"No... uh... it's okay. I got this," I stammered, hoping no one saw.

The only friend Jason approves of is Roy. He hates anyone else I make friends with even if it's a girl. If I do befriend someone other than Roy, he will make their life a living hell. He thinks they will get too close to the secret and he will rather kill someone than have the secret out. And yes; that's the one secret Roy doesn't know about.

"So, this is the lunch hall," I said. "And right over there, is the field."

"Damn! This school is huge!" Lia and Jax were home-schooled but I had no idea where they were from and the fact that they hadn't ever seen this school before coming here.

"Well, this school's pretty old. It used to be a castle, but I'm tired of going here every day, I want to travel the world." I said, wishing I had a more adventurous life. I love change. I love different. But I hate routine and normal. Those are two boring words, I need adventure, death, running, scary things in my life. And going to a school that lost its hope on all students years ago is not going to help - 

"Wait, what?!!" Lia was shocked. I've never actually thought about it like that. I've always gone to school here and it became normal to think the school isn't any different from others. Now that I think about it, My life until I'm 18 will be here and I'm doing nothing to make it memorable. 

And of course, there's always something that interrupts my thoughts, and this time it's no other than the school bell. Woo-hoo! A round of applause for the bell. Anyways I -

"What are you doing after school?" Lia asked.

"My mum invited guests over, how about you?" I asked half-hoping they were the guests.

"I think those guests are us," She said. 

"Well, I can say for sure that my Mum has a good taste in guests," I exclaimed.

"Uh...Uhm," Jax cleared his throat. "If you guys are done, we can head back."

The only time I heard his voice, apart from right now, is when he filled his presence in the register. He's been pretty quiet throughout the whole day. Was it me? Did I annoy him?

"Shut the fuck up!" Jax started shouting. "Can you not be quiet for even a minute? You talk so much, I bet even Lia gets fed up with you. How does Roy even handle you every day?"

Well, that hurt...

"Jax!" She shouted at him. "He is usually quiet everywhere we go, he only talks when needed to; at home, he is a different person though..."  

"Wait... Did I just say my thoughts out loud?" I asked, confused and trying to ignore the comment Jax had just said.

"Yeahh," Well that was my first time doing it, but I wasn't shocked: the amount of talking I do to myself at this point is unthinkable. 

"Yeah, uh you're doing it again," Lia said. 

"I have to start learning to keep my thoughts to myself."

"Don't worry, I do it too," She said. 

*At home*

"Ari, go get the door," My Mum shouted from the kitchen. 

"Aye, aye captain," I was definitely in a joking mood.

With a bowl of popcorn in one hand and my phone on the other, I opened the door. Jax was in his car on the other side of the door, wearing the classic white and black suit.

"Ur early," I said.

"Yeah, I know." He said, opening the car door for me.

"What do you want?" I asked, rolling my eyes, and getting inside. I knew I had to show attitude to people who showed ego and anger quickly. 

"You," He said, going closer to me.

"That is the most-" I began with disgust.

"I'm joking," He said, smirking. 

"Wow. That's the first time we've actually had a conversation and the closest I have seen you do to a smile," I said.

"Why? Do you like it?" He said, trying not to laugh.

"Damn bro! You're a changed man!" I exclaimed. "Anyway what do you really want?"

"I like you're pyjamas..." He said.

"Okay, whatever," I opened the car door, looking down at my Mickey Mouse pyjamas.

"Wait, I... I'm sorry," He said.

"Huhhh? I couldn't hear you?" I teased.

"I said I'm sorry," He said, knowing fully well that I did.

"That aside, what are you sorry for?" I said, annoying him. 

"I give up!" He said.

"Bye," I said, rushing to my house.

"Wait, do you forgive me?" He asked. Okay, so I can't lie, when boys say sorry it's so cute. I don't know why, but I just instantly forgive them, like their sorry is so pure...

"Yeh, I guess," Trying to keep my cool as I close the door.