party

~saturday~

hot water ran from the shower head laving my face and body. steam instantly clouded around me as i reached for the shampoo, the soapy water streamed down my skin, forming a puddle at my feet.

i hopped out of the shower, water tricked from the ends of my hair as i dried off.

i then slipped into my dressing gown and began to shuffle through my wardrobe, eagerly searching for something to wear to the party.

i never went to parties so evidently i didn't have many clothes for that occasion, i didn't even need to impress clay, he's just a friend, upon acknowledging this i still put endless effort into finding the perfect outfit.

i clumsily put on this lacy floral corset style top and this tiny pleated skirt from 7th grade which shockingly accentuated all the right places.

the doorbell rang.

i peered out my window and saw clay standing outside; waiting for me.
my mind drifted off to all the things i wanted to do with him and suddenly i was ripping off his shirt while his tongue was exploring the insides of my mouth.

another ring snapped me out of my fantasy and i threw on a cardigan as i flew down the stairs.

"have fun!" my dad shouted as i escaped out the door.

"hey y/n you look amazing" he smiled
"thanks, so do you"
"so uh i wasn't sure if you wanted to walk up the hill to Bryce's or if i should drive us, so i kinda left my car at home, but we can quickly stop by my house to get it if thats what you would-"
"yeah sure" i cut him off as i could tell he was getting nervous

groups of people were scattered around Bryce's driveway and more throughout the house, my insecurities strangled me as we entered the mansion that lay before us.

i was dumbfounded by the amount of people that showed up this early, i was expecting only a couple but there were hundreds, i couldn't imagine how many more were to come.

music shot off the walls straight into my ears, all my senses collapsed to my stomach, i took clays hand and gestured that we were going outside, his cheeks blushed as he confusedly smiled and followed me out.

his hand felt warm against mine, but once we were outside away from the racket, i let go intending to evade awkwardness which seemed to follow me like a shadow.

"sorry it was really loud in there"
"yeah" he nodded his head
"im gonna go get us some drinks"
clay wandered off back into the house, i saw alex hanging by the pool.

"alex" i yelled
he walked over to me
"hey y/n your really early! wheres clay?"
"he's getting drinks" i replied
alex was clearly already drunk as he passed out on the deck chair.

me and clay shared small talk while more and more people flooded in around us, clay brought his lips to my ear
"can i kiss you" he whispered
my heart leaped to my throat, i wanted to scream YES but my fucking mouth wouldn't make a sound, i felt paralysed.
he slowly leaned in, butterflies fluttering in my stomach flapping their wings faster as he grew closer..
my drunk confidence struck me as i muttered "yes" into his ear teasingly licking it.
his lips brushed against mine, soft and tender, just long enough that he could breath in my air, the touch of his hand on my face sent chills rippling through my veins, i felt him smile against my lips, my heart exploding inside my chest, heat rose up in his cheeks as i bit his lower lip and pulled out of our everlasting and fervent moment.

sorry this was so long <3