monday morning

~monday~

i dragged myself out of bed, dreading the day ahead of me.

after the party me and clay had walked home as we were both too drunk to drive, and thats all we were that night. drunk.

i tried persuading myself that the kiss meant nothing and heck clay had probably forgotten all about it, yet as i pushed through the school doors there he was gawkily leaning against my locker.

i contemplated turning around and living out the rest of my life under a rock but he had already caught sight of me.
"hey y/n" he called out hesitantly
fuck

i dubiously walked over to him, steering my gaze away from his hazy eyes, i stood before him, as he turned his body to face mine. his hands pressed against each side of my locker, trapping me.
his breathing was slow and heavy, each breath landing tenderly on my lips. he drew closer, his forehead practically on mine. i succumbed to the tension and seductively grazed my lips to his, aimlessly glancing over his shoulder where my eyes abruptly met with justin fucking foley.

my body froze and suddenly the locker felt like ice on my back, i watched as justin stormed off into the hallway, with a look of revulsion and disappointment sprawled across his face.

clays brows furrowed with concern as he noticed my glossy eyes, my whole word was shaking, i didn't know what to do or what to feel so i just grabbed onto clays lips as if i was about to drop to my death, his touch steadied my racing heart, everything and everyone faded away as i lost myself in the vehemence of the kiss, our tongues collided in the heat and moved in sync as though they were tamely navigating the maze of our love.

eventually i slightly nudged him as we both knew we had to get to class, he assuringly let go of my lips, leaving his sweet taste hanging off of them

"i'll see you at lunch" he whispered to me before disappearing into a classroom.

i was left dazed with a million thoughts and questions pacing through my mind. i rammed them to the back of my head for later and tiredly made my way to class still comprehending what the fuck just happened.