Part 2

"H-hi Jai" I stuttered. Damn, why do I always have to stutter when I'm nervous? That is one of the things I hate most about myself.

"So, what's been going on?" Jai asked. Why was he trying to make conversation with me? We'd never spoken before, why all of a sudden now?

"Not much, how bout you?" I asked, putting all suspicion out of my head. Jai Brown was having a conversation with me! The bell suddenly rang.

"Not much" Jai replied "Mind if we sit together in class? Then we can still talk" he continued.

"S-sure" I stuttered again - man that annoys me - as I walked to my desk with Jai following close behind.

The teacher walked in and began the lesson. I tried to concentrate on what he was saying but I couldn't. It was something about the amazingly cute guy sitting next to me that made me loose focus on anything else. When the teacher had finished talking and told us to get on with our work, Jai started talking to me again.

"So, Alex" he began "I really like you, and I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out sometime?"

I was so shocked! "Wait, did you just ask me out?"

"Uh yeah, I guess I did" Jai replied. He seemed really nervous. Why would Jai Brown be asking me out? He could get any girl in the school, including Melanie. So why me? I decided to play it cool.

"I'll have to get back to you. Here's my number" I said writing my number on his hand. "Text me tonight?" I asked trying to be cool. I don't think it worked though.

"Yeah, sure" Jai replied. He seemed shocked that I didn't immediately say yes, but I had to talk to my sister first.

The rest of the day was spent in boring classes that I really didn't want to be in. I spent the whole time imagining my first date with Jai.

When I got home I immediately called out for Perrie.

"What is it?" She asked walking out of the kitchen with Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne trailing along behind her.

"I need some advice, all of you, if you could give me some?"

"Sure hun, what is it?" Jade asked.

"Is it about a booy?" Jesy cut in teasingly. I blushed.

"Oh em gee. It is about a boy!" Leigh-Anne said excitedly. She rushed over to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me to the couch.

Suddenly all the girls - except Perrie - started shooting questions at me from all different directions.

"What's his name?" "How old is he?" "Is he cute?" "Have you kissed yet?"

"Girls!!" I yelled over all their questions. "I said I needed advice, not to play 20 questions"

"Sorry" they all said together.

"Ok, there's this guy at my school in year 9.. His name is Jai and-" I was cut off by Perrie.

"Woah, woah, woah.. Jai? As in Jai Brown?" She asked suspiciously. I nodded. The other girls gasped "No way is my little sister going out with a Brown."

"Why not?" I asked Perrie. It was Jade who answered however.

"Perrie dated Jai's older brother Luke" she began.

"Yeah, I know that." I cut in "Luke broke Perrie's heart and now she hates him. I don't see why that means I can't go out with Jai!"

"He didn't just break my heart, Lexi" Perrie said, sitting down on the couch next to me "He tried to do... Things, to me"

"You mean like..." I started. I couldn't finish the sentence. The thought of anyone doing that to my sister sickened me. "But wait, I still don't get why I can't be with Jai!"

"I don't want the same thing happening to you" Perrie simply stated.

"Ok, fine" I admitted defeat "I'm going to my room"

When I got to my room I decided to check my phone 'Two New Messages' flashed on the screen. The first was from Codi.

From: Codi <33

How'd it go with Perrie? Xx

I quickly replied and went to the next one. It was from an unknown number.

From: unknown

Hey babe, how bout that date? - Jai

My heart fluttered. 'Babe, he called me babe' I thought to myself. I added Jai's number to my contacts and thought about what to write. I know what Perrie said, but how does she know that Jai is just like his brother? She knew nothing about Jai, just coz his brother's an asshole, doesn't mean Jai is too! I figured the only way to know for sure was to go for it.

To: Jai

I'd love to :) where we going? - Alex