Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ- Uɴʟɪᴋᴇʟʏ Nᴇᴡ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ

Ida POV

A few years later, after nothing but constantly running from Mikael, we managed to somewhat settle in a small town in Southern France. We posed as Lords and Ladies, and were welcomed into the castle.

"Welcome!" Said the Lord's son. "I am Tristan De Martel. Our stable boy, Lucien, will show you all to your rooms." He smiled at us all, but his gaze had lingered on me, causing Kol to tense, wrap his arm around me, and pull me closer into him possessively.

5 minutes later, we were being directed to our rooms. Everyone had been shown to theirs, leaving just me and Kol, as we were sharing, obviously. He lead us to a beautiful suite, king sized bed, vanity table.
"Thank you Lucien. Goodnight." I smiled at him, which he seemed not be used to, considering the baffled look on his face. He smiled back though, and then left. Kol jumped onto the bed, and dragged me with him, causing me to giggle at him, and kiss his cheek.

"Now this! This, my darling, is living." He told me, hugging me close. "I do not like that Tristan boy though. He was looking you up and down like you were a meal he would eat. I will rip his throat out if he tries anything." He said, and although I was turned away from him, I could practically feel his scowl as his anger radiated off him. I turned to him.
"Calm down Kol, love, nothing will happen, if he tried anything I would tell him myself. I'm happily spoken for!" This seemed to cheer him up, and soon, the comfortable silence caused the both of us to drift off to sleep, still holding each other closely.

Kol POV

The next morning, I woke up to the sunlight shining through the window. Ida was still sleeping next to me, looking ever so angelic, and prefect. I decided to let her sleep for a while, so I get ready and left to join my siblings and our hosts for breakfast.
"Good morning Kol. Where is the lovely Ida this morning?" Tristan De Martel asked me, a smug smile on his face.
"She is still sleeping, but I expect she will be down in a little while. Nik, where's Finn and Bekah?"
Nik shrugged. "Probably gone to look about. You know what young Rebekah is like, always wanting to explore new places."
I nodded.

After a while, I listened closely to hear footsteps. Ida. She walked into the kitchen, and Tristan De Martel stood up to go to her, but I was faster.
"Good morning my darling. Did you sleep well?"
I pecked her cheek and she smiled.
"Good morning my love, yes I did, thank you."
"Good. Come sit here." I said, sitting back down and tapping my leg. She smiled bashfully and sat on my lap. I shot a smug smirk at Tristan, who looked as if he were ready to break something.

After a while, Lucien too joined the table, and he greeted all of us politely, but greeted Tristan with more fear than anything. He had been kind to Ida, and not been flirty like Tristan, which had given me an amount of respect for the boy, and I felt quite sorry for him, and the hardships he must face working for the likes of scummy Tristan De Martel.
"Good morning Lucien. Thank you again for being so kind as to show me and Kol to our room yesterday. I hope that we will be good friends in future." Ida spoke to him first, which quite startled him, but he smiled nevertheless.
I nodded my head, agreeing with her. "Yes, me too. Thank you Lucien."
"My pleasure, Lord Kol and Lady Ida."
Ida just laughed. "Please, Lucien. Call me Ida. Friends do not refer to each other so formally."
He laughed too, and soon after seemed more comfortable.

"In a week, my family will be hosting a ball, and we would like you all to attend as our special guests. If you would like to." This wasn't Tristan, but a young red-headed girl, who was followed by Finn and Rebekah.
"Hello, dear sister. Everyone, this is my sister, Aurora." We all greeted politely.

Tristan then turned to Ida. "My Lady Ida. I would love if you would accompany me to the ball. Would you?"
I didn't even give her a chance to say anything before I answered for her. "Actually, Mr Martel. MY girlfriend will be attending the ball with me. Her BOYFRIEND. I find it rather insulting that you have the nerve to ask her to the ball, knowing she is taken, and in front of the person she is taken by."
Everyone looked stunned. Except Ida, who just smirked.
"Sorry Mr Martel, but Kol said it better than I ever could." Was all she said, making me smile proudly, and kiss her forehead.

God. I love this girl.