Chapter 1: New Beginnings

A/N: I can't believe I'm doing this, welcome to my fanfiction comeback after more than ten years. Jesus Christ, I'm nervous af. Feel free to comment and correct me (not my first language, sorry if sth is wrong), I'd be super happy for someone to beta me in fact! As the quidditch timelines are kind of messed up, I put Skye and MC in the same year, ignoring the fact that they are not supposed to know each other initially. Orion and McNully are one year above them. Enjoy!

Word Count: ~ 2.800

______________________________________________________________

"What I dream of is an art of balance."- Henri Matisse

It was a hot day. It was, in fact, far too hot for this time of the year. The sun was blazing down relentlessly on Kings Cross Station, its windows shining in the glaring sunlight. It was not only hot, the air was also muggy as well. Lizzie Jameson fidgeted in her clothes as she pushed her cart through the dense mass of students and parents saying their goodbyes, looking for familiar faces to begin her ride to Hogwarts for her fifth year with.

"Do try to stay out of trouble this time, will you, dear?"

Her mother was walking closely behind her, eager to give her daughter last minute advice on how to behave properly for once. Lizzie rolled her eyes at the huge grey cat towering above her trunk in its cage, only listening half-heartedly.

"Sure, Mum, I'll try my best... it's not like I'm asking for trouble, you know?"

She heard the soft laugh of her mother and turned around to see her smiling fondly at her.

"I'm not so sure of that one."

She opened her arms and Lizzie gave her a hug.

"Oi, Jameson! Over here!"

She looked up and saw a familiar head of black and blue hair waving through the crowd. Lizzie let go of her mother.

"Mum, there's Skye over there, waiting for me."

"It's alright, dear. Go on ahead."

Her mum gave her another quick hug and slightly pushed her away. "Just promise me to try. Be good, study and write sometime!"

Lizzie just laughed, barely listening anymore, waved and made her way over to Skye, who was standing beside her father in a thick mass of flustered students admiring the Quidditch star. He broke into a smile as he saw her approach.

"Well, if it isn't Elizabeth Jameson, the second best chaser Hufflepuff has seen in a while!" Ethan Parkin, famous chaser of the Wigton Wonderers, gave her a slap on the back. "Are you ready for another shot at the Quidditch cup, Lizzie? I already gave Skye a detailed briefing on how to- ".

"It's alright, dad," Skye piped in, "I can recite your strategies in my sleep, we'll be good." She grinned at Lizzy. "Let's go find a seat and some of the others. I can't wait to tell you what stunts I've been trying out over summer break!"

The Hogwarts Express was slowly running out of Kings Cross station when Skye and Lizzie finally had a chance to look for a place to seat. Having been on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team for several years now, they had gained quite the popularity with their house mates.

Exhausted from greeting what felt like the whole of their house, they finally found the department they had been looking for. Inside sat the rest of their little Quidditch gang, their fellow chaser and team captain Orion Amari and the not-so-impartial commentator Murphy McNully. McNully was excitedly telling Orion what seemed to be the new statistics he had come up with during summer break, while Orion was sitting cross-legged on his seat with his eyes closed and a zoned-out smile on his face. When they entered, he opened his eyes and smiled warmly at the sight of them.