8

Hello I am back from the dead!

ALSO, CONAN RELEASED OVERDRIVE AHHHHHH

So, I figured it was only appropriate to continue this story:)

It's been 6 months since I last saw Conan. I've been pretty busy just keeping up with the city, and my job. Not long-ago Erica started modeling and I thought that it looked fun, so I started to look into it too and I am going to have my first shoot soon! She told me all about her first shoot, so I at least somewhat know what to expect, but I am still nervous. I do still work at the coffee shop but am hoping not to have to work there as much if modeling works out and I can get money from that. My parents have been pestering me a bit about going back to school but can't really do anything about it because I am making enough money to have a living.

I walk into my room to put on an outfit for the day, it's fairly cold right now so I find some jeans, a collared shirt, and a sweatshirt to go over that. I wear this with my doc martens and put on a necklace and some rings. As I close my drawer, one of the shirts catches my eye. It was Conan's from the time I stayed at his apartment, and all the memories come rushing back as I see that summer in all its warmth flash before my eyes. The excitement, the wind, the soft silence of falling asleep with him. It starts to hurt since I haven't seen him for so long, so I quickly slam the drawer shut.

"You ok Taylor?" Erica calls.

"Uh yeah I'm fine" I reply pushing back tears and the lump in my throat that had started to form.

I take a deep breath and walk over to the living room where Erica is.

"Ready to go grocery shopping?" She asks.

"Yes, lets' go!"

We get in the car and right then All Too Well by Taylor Swift starts to play, and I break down crying. Even though it was literally only a few days, I had never fallen so in love with someone. And as Taylor Swift would say, I remember it all too well. I wonder he remembers me like I remember him, and if it is so bittersweet for him too. I don't know if he is dating anyone now, but I really hope he isn't, a part of me still hopes I will see him again.

Erica looks over at me, "Oh my god Taylor, are you ok? What's up?"

"It's just Conan, I still love him. I know that sounds crazy, but I just do"

"No, I totally understand, I know what it's like to miss someone like that. I loved that guy in Spain remember! I miss him sometimes too"

"Do you think I will ever see Conan again?"

"I actually really do"

"Thank you, Erica" I say smiling at her through the tears.

We go grocery shopping, which is fairly uneventful, although they did have my favorite cookies which was, I was happy about.

"What are we doing later?" I ask, both of us don't have work today since it's a Sunday and that is our day off.

"Oh, I was thinking about hanging out with one of the girls I met at a modeling gig! She is really into social justice just like both of us are!"

"Ok awesome! Could I come?"

"Of course!"

We drive back and put away the groceries, a chore that could be tedious, but I actually enjoy grocery shopping because Erica always takes me to these cool farmers markets. Even though I have been here for a while now, I still love LA, it feels like home.

After scrolling on tiktok for a while and catching up on emails we head back out to go meet up with Erica's friend. She lives in a house in Glendale and drive that should be short, but considering traffic ends up being much longer. Her house is a pretty pale-yellow color and brown roof with a white gate right in front of the door. There are a few bushes planted around it as well. We ring the doorbell and Isabella (Erica's friend) opens the door with a cheerful smile.

"Hey guys, how are you?" she says excitedly.

"We are doing pretty good, how about you?"

"I'm also doing pretty good! If you don't mind one of my friends, Conan, is here."

My heart skips a beat as I walk in and see Conan sitting on the couch. He is just as beautiful as I remember him.

"You cut your hair" I say to him, my voice about to break from the shock of seeing him here.

"Yeah, I did" he says back, smiling at me.

I smile back, just so happy to see him again.