chapter 16

Micky's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes just to see the well known ceiling in my room I had been looking at since I was small. The only difference was the warm character beside me. I didn't remember falling asleep, but I remember me and Mike cuddling in the bed just as did on the school.

I looked at Mike, he was still asleep for once, I then looked down at my body, I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday and so was Mike. My arm began to feel numb under Mike who was resting his head on it, but I didn't want to wake him.

I lay like this for about 15 minutes just enjoying the morning.

Suddenly Mike began to move, he turned around to face me without realising how close we lay, if my nose had been a bit longer they would have touched.

"morning sleepy" I chuckled.

Mike sighed with a smile, still eyes closed.

"what time is it?" he asked with a crusty morning voice.

Finally removing my arm I grabbed my alarm clock, "about 10"

Mike stretched with a yearn and then sat up with his back leaning up against the wall. We looked at each other for a couple of seconds and then chuckled lightly.

"I better get redressed, these pants aren't the best to sleep in" Mike said and grabbed his bag.

"Me too, it wasn't the best idea to sleep without changing" I said as I walked over to my dresser.

as Mike tightened his belt he asked, "when are we going tonight?"

I thought as I put on a green velvet sweater, "I think it starts at 8 tonight"

As I put on my socks I heard my stomach rumble, "lets go get some breakfast huh?"

"let's do that" Mike agreed, opening my bedroom door for me.

Mike's POV:

To pass some time me and Micky had decided to take a walk in his city. We were currently walking around in his old school yard.

"let's go swinging!" Micky begged excitedly.

I didn't really want to, but I couldn't say no to micky, especially not when he was so excited, hesitating I agreed and followed him over to two swings.

"when I was younger I always had competitions with the other kids about who could jump the longest", Micky told as he started swinging.

I looked at him, "while swinging?!"

Micky started swinging higher as he continued talking, "yeah, I would always win"

As he said this he jumped right of the swing and fell down on the ground a couple of meters in front of the swing.

I quickly got off my swing and ran over to him, "are you hurt?!"

I tried not to sound that worried but failed, Micky turned around to face supringsing me with a smile, "I guess I'm not as good as I was back then"

I shook my head while grinning, "you're going to get hurt sometime"

"oh I have, i've been to the hospital like 7 times" Micky said as I helped him up from the ground.

"why doesn't that surprise me"

Micky brushed off his hands and looked around, "what about we find the hammock"

"hammock? your school had a hammock?"

Micky grabbed my hand and dragged me along the school yard, "of course!"

The hammock was hidden behind some trees in the school yard, it was a pretty nice place.

We both sat down in it and automatically we slipped close to each other. I didn't really mind it because it was getting a bit chilly.

Micky looked at his palms, which he had scratched in the fall earlier, I grabbed one of his wrists and looked at the scratches.

"there's still small rocks in your palms" I said worriedly.

He pulled his hand back and looked at both of his palms.

"you need to get them out now, before the blood stiffens" I said.

I could see he hesitated before he threw mis hands at me and looked the other way, "okay, but do it quickly!"

"promise" I said as soothing as I could.

At this moment I wished I didn't play the guitar, because then I would have longer nails. I tried to be as gentle as I could, but still Micky cried out in pain. In what had seemed like housers for Micky had passed by, all the small stones were removed.

"you're done?!" He asked relieved.

I released his hand, "yeah, but you should get it sanitized"

Micky leaned his head on my shoulder, "not now, it can wait, lets just enjoy the moment"

'moment' I thought, what did he mean with that? Us sitting in a hammock squeezed together was a moment we should enjoy, maybe he did like me in that way, or was this just a friendly moment?

I didn't think so unless he was like this with all of his friends.

I didn't know, I decided not to think further of it and just lay my arm on his shoulders.

Micky's POV:

I sat in Mike's arms and played with his hand, which dangled down from my shoulder. I noticed his wrist watch on his wrist and further examined it only to find how long we had been sitting here in the hammock.

looking up at Mike who gazed lovingly at me, I said gently, "we should get goin'"

"whatever you say baby" he said as if he had always called me baby.

I stretched and used all the power in my body to stand up and then grabbed Mike's hands as he reached out for help to stand up.

"we better get home and get ready to go" I said.

Mike stretched as well, "yeah and some dinner i'm starving"

I chuckled and began to walk "well there's still some time till we're eating, so what about we go get milkshakes?!" I asked, excited over my own idea.

Mike followed me and agreed to my idea.

We soon arrived at the little lockal milkshake booth that had always been in my city as long as I remember.

Before I could say anything Mike was already ordering.

He was ordering a chocolate milkshake and then looked at me, "and what do you want Mick?"

I felt my cheeks blush, but brushed it off, "uhm" I thought for a moment, "strawberry"

Mike nodded with a smile and paid, then he handed me my milkshake. I pulled out some money from my pocket and handed him them, "this should be enough"

Mike looked at the money in my hand and then gently closed my hand, "no, you don't have to pay me back, this is just a thank you for letting me stay at yours"

I blushed lightly and thanked him.