chapter 17

Mike's POV:

"come on" Micky said as he dragged by my arm into his room.

He threw me on his bed and started talking, "okay, we're getting a lift to the party in 2 hours"

I nodded as he continued, "all right, do you know what that means?"

I slowly shook my head a bit confused, Micky smirked, "we need to get ready!"

"I don't think it takes 2 hours to get ready"

Micky threw himself on the bed as well beside me, "maybe not, but what else is there to do?"

There were silent for a couple of seconds before I said, "you're right"

He looked at me surprised and was about to say something, but I interrupted him, "but how should we get ready? I don't own any 'party' clothes"

Micky now looked at me even more excited, I looked puzzled at him and asked "what?"

He quickly jumped over to his dresser and said, "but I do"

I looked skeptical at him, but then eventually gave in, "okay... but don't over do it"

"i'll try" he answered, already looking in the dresser.

After what seemed like hours Micky finally turned around with an outfit in his arms.

"okay now i've got these pants, this shirt and this jacket" he said as he held each item up, showing them to me.

I looked at my wrist watch and then back up at Micky, "all right, but we better get dressed now, we only got an hour or so till we're goin"

I got dressed in Mickey's clothes and luckily it fit, except for the pants they were a bit too short, but I just wore my boots so you couldn't see it.

Micky got dressed as well and before we knew it was time to go. We both went out in the living room to find Micky's mother who was going to drive us.

"are you guys ready?" she asked without looking up from her newspaper.

We looked at each other with a quick smile and Micky then said, "I think so" without breaking the gaze.

She put the newspaper down and stood up, we followed her out to the same blue car as we had used yesterday.

Micky's POV:

We soon arrived at Rick's house, I jumped out of the car Mike following me. My mom rolled the passenger seeds window down and said, "i'll be here to pick you up later at 1 pm"

"ow come on 2 pm" I begged.

She thought for a moment and then said short, "1.30"

"all right, see you then" I said and turned to face Mike.

To my suprise Mike didn't look at me, he was waving goodbye to my mom, who now had rolled the window back up and was on her way back home.

I grabbed the arm he was waving with and dragged him to Rick's house.

There were already a lot of people in the house and the music was turned up. I recognised a lot of the faces in the crowd, most of them were from the school. so I smiled to everybody I got eye contact with.

I still held on to Mike's wrist as I tried to find Rick. Finally I found Rick who was talking a a chick named Branda.

"hey Rick" I interrupted the two who were clearly flirting.

Rick turned around to face me and gave me a hug "ey MIcky!"

As he pulled away he looked at Mike, "and hallo uhm..."

Mike quickly said his name with a fake smile.

"ow right MIke, well good to see you guys glad you could come"

"we're just happy to get invited right?" I asked and looked at Mike.

Mike seemed to snap out of a thought as he quickly looked at me and then at Rick, "yeah right"

We then turned around and tried to find a place to sit down.

Out of nowhere I heard someone call on me, I turned in the direction of the sound with a smile. It was someone from the school who was seated on a sofa in a corner. I looked at Mike as to ask if we should go there, Mike seemed to acknowledge my 'question' and nodded.

Mike's POV:

I had been sitting beside Micky for the past hour or so, he was talking to what I assumed was his friends. I hadn't really listened to their conversation, I had just looked around the room and nodded when Micky looked at me.

Suddenly Micky padded me on the shoulder, I looked down at him with a smile.

"can you go get us something to drink?" he asked.

"of course" I said an stood up, but before Micky had a chance to go back to his conversation with his friends I learned back down, "uhm where do I get the drinks from?"

Micky chuckled, "just over there at the kitchen counter"

I closed my thumb and index finger together with a wink, as to indicate I knew where to look.

The kitchen wasn't connected with the living room where we were sitting so it wasn't a long walk. When I reached the counter I grabbed a beer to myself, I had decided to actually get drunk tonight, it had been months since I last drank anything with alcohol in it. But what should I get Micky? he didn't say what he wanted and I didn't know what he liked or if he even wanted anything with alcohol in it.

Now I had been standing up here for way too long and I started to panic a bit, like what should I give him? and did anybody look at me and if so did I have anything on my but? (idk that's just a fear I have)

As I was about to grab something I felt a hand on my shoulder, I gave a small jump in surprise and then looked at the source of my startling.