Information about Omegaverse

What is omegaverse?

Omegaverse, also known as A/B/O, is a subgenre of speculative erotic fiction, and originally a subgenre of erotic slash fan fiction. Stories in the genre are premised on societies wherein humans are divided into a dominance hierarchy of dominant "alphas", neutral "betas", and submissive "omegas".

Alphas

Alpha. The Alphas are the more aggressive ones out of everyone. They are the larger and stronger ones, the dominate ones in bed. They are the males or females pumped full of testosterone. The females would differently from the males though.

Betas

Betas. Betas are basically your everyday human with some exceptions. One is that they have a very weak scent, they have one but their glands do not produce it as heavily as alphas or omegas. They cannot reproduce with omegas or become pregnant from alphas.

Omega

Omegas. Omegas are the softer and more gentle of these roles. They are the nurturing parents who raise their children and they are the only ones in here who can get pregnant besides Beta females. The female Omegas use their systems as normal, getting pregnant that way and then nurturing the child like they should.

Heat

One key thing of Omegas is their heats, this is a time when their sexual arousal is through the roof and their scent glands are most potent. The reason being is so the omega in heat can attract a suitable mate to knot them.

Marking

The "Mark" system: The "Mark" is put during sex in a heat cycle, when a alpha bits the omega in their neck. If they were "marked" the alpha won't change but the omega can't have any more partners.

Knotting

Knotting occurs during sex (mostly) where the base of the alpha's penis swells and becomes engorged (more so than usual) and is pushed inside the omega's body to keep the alpha's seed inside. This is to improve the chances of an omega falling pregnant, but the extra-full sensation is also appealing.

Nest

Nests of any type will contain various things such as blankets, pillows, clothes (used and/or washed), stuffed animals, and even random items such as books, cups, or a toothbrush. It depends on the omega really, the nest is meant to make them feel happy, safe and comfortable.

Rut

Rut is the overwhelming need to breed. Alphas generally go into rut every three months, though with a bonded Omega mate, their ruts may align with their Omega partner's heats. Ruts tend to make Alphas more aggressive toward any other Alphas who might come near their Omega/bond-mate.

Fated-mates

Fated-mates. As it says an alpha (most of the time) are fated to be with their beta/omega. This means that any person who is an alpha their inner alpha would want to claim their fated mate as the other. Fated-mates are like normal bonded mates but stronger spiritually and their would want to bond when their omega pasto-heat comes.

Pasto-heat

Pasto-heats are triggered only when an Omega touches their fated alpha for the first time. Pasto-heats are like normal heats but the omega sent gose stronger to their fated mate. When this happens the Omega and Alpha will try to bond and the alpha will fight with all their power if someone tries to stop their mating and bonding or tries to take their fated omega away.

How does an alpha mark an Omega?

When an Alpha bites an Omega that is known as a claim mark. So as the name implies, by biting on an Omega's scent glands what the Alpha is doing is claiming them as their Omega.

What is an Alpha Omega relationship?

Alpha and Omega lovers may form pair-bonds (often involving mating bites) with a special connection with telepathic or empathetic qualities. Paired Alphas may be jealous and possessive of their mate, while the Omega may become submissive.