Old Toys

They had been travelling for a few hours, yet Epona showed no signs of weariness. She probably could've galloped half way and canter the rest. Link met Epona when she was still fairly young, so it was comforting to know that she hopefully had a few more years left before she'd have to retire to a more leisurely life, instead of going out on adventures with her partner.

She walked up a sloped, grassy path before an arched, stone entrance came into view.

"We're here." Link breathed, Seres still asleep in his lap, "Don't worry Epona's you'll be able to rest soon."

They rode up to the gate, where a man in overalls with a pitchfork stood at attention and eyed them up.

"Afternoon, Thadd." Link greeted kindly.

"What's that in your lap?" Thadd demanded, ignoring Link's greeting, "You may have residence here, but I won't let anything suspicious get in!"

"My child."

"Sorry, I'm going to have to che- your what?!" Thadd spluttered.

"Yeah..."

"How come you never mentioned you had a child?"

"Slipped my mind..." Link replied, slightly bemused.

"How in Hylia's name can it have slipped your mind?!" Thadd exclaimed loudly.

"Shush, she's sleeping!" The Prince Consort snapped.

Seres moved slightly under the cloak and yawned, then lifted her head up to fix her brilliant blue eyes with her father's.

"Good morning." Seres smiled, her face instantly lighting up and expelling all signs of fatigue.

"It's afternoon..."

"Good afternoon!"

She sandwiched her father's cheeks between her clammy hands and squished his face.

"You look so cute." She giggled.

"Hello Your Highness." Thadd bowed and he doffed his hat.

"Hello!"

"Welcome to Hateno Village." He smiled.

"Are we here?!" Seres gasped, turning to Link, "At Hatyneno Village?"

"Yeah, we're at 'Hatyneno' Village." He smirked, "Shall we go see my house?"

"Yes!"

"If you'll excuse us, Thadd."

Epona walked on, through the archway and into the quaint little village. Link figured that they'd rest up at his house before they went exploring the village, since the journey was rather tiring, and he was rather hungry. Not to mention the fact that he felt pretty stiff since he wasn't able to move much due to Seres being asleep on him.

"Navi says this place is pretty!" The Princess stated as she held her stuffed toy up.

They went over the bridge which was suspended over a stream that led into a beautiful pond. Finally, they came face to face with Link's house, and he was pleased to see that it was much bigger.

One of the reasons why he wanted to come was to see the extension of his house finished. He had returned to Hateno Village a few times to check on the progress made by Bolson and his team. Link wanted the house to be able to accommodate a family, and not just one person anymore.