Family

Six years had passed since the marriage of Queen Zelda, and The Champion Prince Link. In that time the couple had led Hyrule justly and with benevolence that outshined all of their predecessors. The people revered them, and were once again flourishing. It could be argued that Hyrule had now exceeded its former glory from over 100 years ago. Villages and towns were bursting with life and many Shiekah tech advancements had been made. Hyrule was at its pinnacle of success, and it seemed as though it could only excel.

During their reign, the Queen and Prince had been blessed with a child. Their daughter, Seres, was six years old and had beautiful golden hair and piercing blue eyes. She was currently toddling about the grand castle of Hyrule, trying to find something to do, or eat, or stare at. After a while, she finally found her self looking straight at a giant sword which was hung up on the wall of one of the rooms, reflecting the light from the fire place, urging her to touch it. As she reached out her tiny hand to the sword, the door burst open.

"Seres! No! Don't touch that!"

A blond haired man with blue eyes hastily ran up to her and pulled her away from the sword.

"What did Daddy say about touching the weapons?" He said sternly to her.

"But I want to." Seres mumbled, crossing her arms.

"Mummy would be angry at me." The man chuckled uncomfortably.

"Why would I be angry at you, Link?"

A woman with golden hair walked into the room and stared at the two.

"Oh, don't worry Zelda." Link replied.

"I want to touch the sword." Seres whined.

"Honestly, as if leaving weapons all over the place was a good idea." Zelda snapped, "She could have got hurt!"

"But she didn't!"

Link and Seres giggled together as Zelda sighed and crossed her arms. 

"I actually came to tell you that I will be going away for a few days." The Queen stated, "I need to attend to some business in Lear-"

"Mummy is going away!" Seres cheered.

"I can do whatever I want!" Link joined in.

Both father and daughter did a small dance routine together, swinging their arms wildly in the air as their feet went all over the place. They finished with an elaborate handshake.

"See, this is what makes me think that I shouldn't leave..." Zelda pondered.

"No, don't let us stop you from dealing with whatever business you have." The Prince Consort said with a now more serious tone, before taking a step towards his wife, "I'll try to be sensible this time, ok?"

Link hugged Zelda and tenderly kissed her forehead before holding an arm out for their daughter. The young Princess bounded towards them and was lifted up so that she could hug her parents, and they could hug her back.

"When are you leaving, Mummy?" Seres asked.

"Tomorrow." Zelda replied, stroking her daughter's hair, "But I'll be back in a day or two, ok darling?"

Seres yawned and rubbed her eyes, resting her head on her father's shoulder as he cradled her in his arms.

"It's late now, we should put her to bed." Zelda whispered softly.

They both made their way through the castle and up the stairs, then they entered a fairly big bedroom with a four poster bed in the middle. There were pink bedsheets and light blue curtains hanging around the bed, as well as a stuffed horse already tucked under the covers of the bed. The room was also littered with many toys, ranging from stuffed dolls to wooden figures as well as wooden weapons which looked hand made.

Zelda pulled back the covers, and Link placed a knee on the bed as he gently set his daughter down, trying not to wake her up. It proved difficult though since Seres had locked her arms around Link, and so she would not let go of him. In the end, he managed to lay her to sleep, and Zelda gently pulled the cover over her.

"She's so peaceful." The Queen sighed adoringly, clutching her husband's arm.

They both made their way out of the room, almost tiptoeing, then closed the door behind them.

"I should head to sleep too, I've got a long day ahead of me." Zelda noted.

"Do you have to go?" Link asked as he opened the door to another room and walked in, "I'll miss you."

"It's only for a few days." Zelda chuckled, following him in, "Two days tops."

"Still, it's two days without you."

Link hugged her again as they sat down on the bed. The Queen chuckled and kissed him on the cheek then rested her head on his chest as they both laid down. Zelda hummed to herself quietly as Link gazed at the ceiling, smiling to himself.

"What?" His wife questioned after a while.

"What 'what'?"

"Why are you smiling?"

"I don't know." Link smiled, "I'm just thinking of ages ago when we just got married. And before that, even."

Zelda grinned and undid his point tail, letting his soft blond hair tumble down. She ran her fingers through his hair, and he sighed before titling his head to kiss her on the lips.

"You know, just like Seres I need to keep your hair in check, don't I?" Zelda sighed, "If I don't it'll become an untameable forest."

"Forests are cool." Link yawned.

"Ok, sleep now." His wife whispered as he drifted away.

———

Wooo new book. This one is going to be a lot shorter than the others, so yeah. This is purely going to be a nice little cute story, nothing special.