e i g h t e e n

Warning🚫
This chapter contain topics like abuse and violence, and might be trigerring towards some. So please feel free to skip this chapter!

"You useless bitch! Why did I marry you in othe first place?!" the man yelled

"You useless bitch! Why did I marry you in othe first place?!" the man yelled. His piercing words stabbed her soul, it pained her so much- her whole world started crumbling down. Yet, he couldn't care less about what he impacted. All he knew was that she's a burden.

The whole room was in absolute chaos. Shattered glass coated the concrete floor, everything was all out of place. An atmosphere of pure rage encircled the- once called 'home'.

The woman had fallen on her knees as she tried to muffle the cries escaping her busted lips. Her skin was scraped against the sharp-felt glass, cutting itself deeper into her flesh. Scratches were made, drawing smears of blood all over her body.

A girl witnessed how her mother was mercilessly beaten by her own father. She wanted to run to her, hug her and tell him to stop. But she's just an helpless child, what could she do?

Her heart lurched, her breathing became unstable due to the flow of tears and hiccups, clutching to her teddy bear harder in between her arms. She wanted to scream, yet was held back by his words engulfing her mind, "Be a quiet girl, would you?"

She's surrounded by darkness, only the door gaps of her closet being her only source of light. It was locked from outside, there's no way she'd be able to escape- unless he'd unlock it. The air around her was suffocating which made it hard to breath.

Jeong Sejoon, a man of severity. The man that switched their lives into a living hell. Abuse, drugs- anything you could think of, he's all into it. He brought them to misery which all day and night they'd face.

Jeong Saeron, a 7-year old at the time. She lived a joyous life. Everything went well until her father began getting involved into drugs and drinking. He would come home with a bottle of alcohol in his grasp. His appearance would be all messy, buttons on his blouse is undone.

Who would've thought a seven-year-old could run a life like so?

Kim Taehee, a wife and a mother of one beautiful daughter. It took her by surprise by how much her life changed. Well- 'surprised' was an understatement. She was horrified. The gentle, loving, caring man she'd truly love wholeheartedly, had fully transformed into a heartless beast.

Taehee kneeled on the floor with both of her arms supporting her torso, as she felt like collapsing anytime. She tried standing up for herself, though she knew it'd be worthless. Sejoon ended up beating her with an old wooden bat he'd found lying around, which left bruises and marks on her once silky smooth skin.

The bat was uneven, small strays of sharp wood peeking out of its surface. It dug into her flesh when he hit her, which caused her to become covered in blood and scratches. "Don't ever hurt or harm anyone" tch- how ironic for him to say such things."

On the other hand, Saeron saw it all. How he physically abused her mother, how he called her names that she shouldn't have heard in such a young age. A sight she would never forget. She cried so hard to the point she couldn't even breathe.

Saeron witnessed as Sejoon grabbed Taehee by the hair, a fistful as he yanked her head back. Her screams pierced through the air, sending shivers down the girl's spine.

Her small fists banged on the closet door, but loud and clear enough for them to hear. "Let go of her!" her high-pitched scream echoed through the gaps, it's wave radiating across the room. Sejoon stopped his actions and averted his gaze towards his daughter.

As soon as their eyes met, Saeron felt her heart drop- wanting to undo what she just did. She was originally on her knees as she peeked through the gaps, but then harshly sat down whilst pushing herself backwards gradually as Sejoon stomped towards her.

The only protection she had went unlocked, Sejoon stood tall while looking down at his powerless daughter. He placed his daunting gaze down on her, a smirk showing on his lips.

"I told you to stay silent, didn't I hm?" he asserted with his annoyingly deep voice. The girl's lips trembled, terrified by her own father. Upon hearing no answer, Sejoon grabbed her by the arm harshly and dragged her out of the closet.

He shoved Saeron's small body towards the hard floor, dropping right in front of Taehee with tears staining her now red eyes. Taehee crawled with all her might towards her and as soon as she reached her, she brought the girl to her embrace. In terror.

Sejoon looked down on them, helpless and weak. He let out a chuckle, it's tone pouring out pure evil. He stopped then crouched down, lowering his eyes to their level. "What nonsense, " he snarled, straightening his posture. He turned around towards the door, kicking shards of glass on the way.

Saeron and Taehee sat there powerless as their eyes were peered on his back as it disappeared around the corner.

Saeron fought through her sobs, getting back on her feet as she ran to the door to lock it. With that she went back to her mother, who's body instantly fell limp. It took the girl by surprise, but she was quick enough to catch her before her head hit the ground.

"Mom.. Mom!" she cried in hopes that the woman would wake up. Taehee heard her, but it slowly drifted as she fell into darkness.

 Taehee heard her, but it slowly drifted as she fell into darkness

poor saeron and taehee😔
anywayyyy heres a lil flashback hehe