Andrew

I got excited when someone requested him, because I literally didn't think about him for some reason.  I've got a lot to talk about this character, because he is one of those characters that I love but want to snap his neck in two at the same time.  Honestly, it's a confusing feeling.

Anyways, let's start with the first episode he's in.

We know he's a liar and he used Cassandra to get what he wanted.  Luckily, Cass was able to see past those lies and she used it against him.  Although she seemed to still harbor some feelings in spite of it all being a lie.  So there is good in him if Cass liked him even after all that.

He has a pretty smooth way of talking, making him manipulative as well.  A way of making himself look like a good guy when really, he's the villain.  Although his manipulation didn't fool Cass, it fooled Varian, so he is good at what he does.  Again, he's a villain who uses strategy more than strength, which he doesn't lack in that either so...

Even those he's a villain to the show, he has human qualities.  He's not a plain out monster.  He has weaknesses, and he has friends and not just enemies.  He thinks himself as a hero to his people and not as a villain.  Andrew is doing what he can for Saporians, so he will be a hero to them.

I have to disagree with his actions though.  Killing innocent people is not ok.  Destroying all of Corona is not ok.  Manipulating a child for your benefit is not ok.  Manipulating a relationship is not ok either, so no, I don't agree with his actions, obviously.  But that doesn't me I don't enjoy his sceen time.  Despite the fact that he gave me chills in the third season.

Andrew, like I said before, definitely knows that you have to have a plan.  He's fine taking daring risks, but he doesn't go in blind.  He had back up if his plan with Cass didn't work.  Evidently, it didn't.

He knew that he couldn't take the kingdom alone, and even with just his team, it was a huge risk.  So when Varian was thrown into the same cell as him, he used this to his advantage.

With Varian broken, in utter despair, completely out of hope and alone, Andrew realized he could easily use the kid.  He recognized just how smart and talented that Varian is.  Unfortunately, not being in his right state of mind, Varian didn't realize that Andrew was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Because of Andrew's design, he looked a lot like Quirin.  Same color shirt, the fur, boots, etc.  That was certainly in Andrew's favor when it came down to trying to control Varian and using him.

However, Andrew made the mistake of breaking his promise with Varian.  This inevitably lead to his plan's fall.  Him and the Saporians underestimated what Varian teamed with Rapunzel and the rest of the gang can do.  Even minus Cassandra, they were hard to touch.

So Andrew does go to very low places to get what he wants.  Manipulating Cass (or his attempt) into a relationship is one thing.  It was wrong, but she was an adult.  I'm not saying it's less wrong, I'm just saying it's even lower to manipulate a child, that's mentally unstable, into thinking they're all "buddy-buddy".  Then even lower to kill said child when he finally sees through Andrew and his lies.

So Andrew is a bad guy, but one with personality.  I hate what he does, but he's still an interesting character.

Next is Moon Cassandra.  (Cassandra and Varian will get two analysis due to playing both villains and the goodguys.  I have too much to say on their behalf due to that)

Please let me know if there's any characters you'd like to see me analyze :)