Chapter 4- Lucky Charms

The next morning Ash awoke to his watch alarm going off, luckily it was only vibrating so it didn't wake the little munchkin in his bed. He was pretty surprised that Kinsley wasn't already awake, but that just proves how tired she really was last night. In his mind, he never saw it going that smoothly, but luckily she was like a little angel yesterday even though she burst into tears a few times he expected that. He thinks raising this three-year-old with his brothers won't be so difficult as he originally thought..(Hahaha he thinks it'll stay this easy😏)

 Ash decided to sit up against the headboard and wait for Kinsley to wake up, which sure enough twenty minutes later she did! She rolled over and opened her eyes to figure out where she was and lifted her hands into little fists to rub her eyes. She saw her Ashie looking at her and she gave him this sleepy good morning smile. "Hey, sweetheart. Good morning sleepyhead, you must have been really tired, baby" Ashton says in a quiet voice making sure not to be too loud for the little girl who just woke up. Her only response is a mumble since she is barely awake, but she sits up a little to get closer to her Ashie and cuddles up to him. They spend the next couple minutes like that until Ashton gets up off the bed with Kinsley on his hip, "you wanna go watch some morning cartoons baby?" Kinsley who is still sleepy just nods, but she's really excited to watch some morning cartoons since this is always how she spent her mornings with her mommy, while her daddy was always still grumpy sleeping. They make their way downstairs quietly making sure not to wake the boys, and sit on the sofa. Ashton turns on Sofia the First for his little princess, he has no idea what this is but she seems to smile when she sees it fill the screen.

Kinsley's POV

Ashie brought me downstairs and we're watching Sofia the First!!! It's my favorite, besides Bubble Guppies which is also my favorite! Mommy used to only let me watch one before she turned the screen to some boring people just talking. I miss mommy, but I like my bubbas too! I wonder where mommy went, she should come back, and then we can all stay together, daddy can't come though he's a big meanie sometimes. We don't like big meanies, so maybe mommy can just come here! I just realized I missed what was happening with Sofia!!! A new episode just started so I only missed the song I think, but that was my favorite part! It's okay though I can just sing it later by myself. I look over to Ashie and he's playing with the screen thingy that distracted Car-car and Coley the other day- (Note: That's Cole and Carter for you loves if you didn't realize, I'll post a nickname list soon) "A-ashie?" He looks so focused on his phone but looks up quickly "yes baby?" usually it took me calling mommy a few times for her to listen to me, I wanna know where she is "w-where is m-momma? S-she come b-b-back now" I ask again, cause he never answered me when I ask last time. He looks at me with a pout like I do when I'm sad about something, it instantly makes me give one too.

3rd Person POV

Ashton takes a minute to think quickly as he wears a frown on his face. "Well baby, mommy has to go away for a little while since she can't take care of you right now. So, your gonna live with your bubbas and me for now okay, baby?" The little girl looks at his face for a moment to think about what he said, and she still has the saddest little pout on her cute face. "O-okay. M-mommy still c-come s-see m-m-me?" she asks with hope. "We'll see baby, she might have to go away for a little so she can try and be able to take care of you when you're bigger" The toddler slowly nods her said to what her oldest brother said and turns around in his lap to face the TV again. This causes Ashton to release a breath he didn't know he was holding in so much.

They spend the rest of the morning watching some cartoons until about ten o'clock and then Ashton decides to have Kinsley go wake up her brothers. Ashton just came up with this idea, so he turns to his baby sister whose cartoon just finished, and says "Baby, you wanna go wake up your bubbas?" and this causes the little girl to squeal and respond with "mmmmhmmm I-I gets t-to wakey t-thwm all?" "yes princess, lets go"

Upstairs they start in Aiden's room, so she can wake up oldest to youngest. They find out Aden is already up though, so she just runs up and gives him a morning hug. "H-hi Addieeeeee! Y-you sweep g-good bu-bubba?" Aiden can't help but grin at the nickname that she has given him, even if it sounds girly, he loves this princess to pieces already. "I did princess, thank you for asking me, are you gonna wake up your other brothers now?" The little girl giggles when she gets called a princess, "M-mmmhmm. L-lets go!!!" she says loudly. Ashton and Aiden cannot help but chuckle at her adorableness.

Ashton stops Kinsley for a second so he can have Aiden help her finish waking up her brothers, so he can go make a phone call to the local pediatrician office that Carter and Cole still go to for now. He has to be careful of what he says now not wanting to scare the youngest into thinking she's going to the doctors now. "Aid, can you help Kinsley to wake up the others? I need to make that phone call to get an appointment at the d-o-c you know what, okay?" Aiden agrees quickly once he follows what Ash had said, with that, the duo goes to wake up the next oldest, Noah, and then continues until they get to Carter.

Ashton's POV

I walk downstairs and find the number for the pediatrician's office, so hopefully, we can just schedule a checkup for Kins. I can't help but wonder if my mother actually remembered to take care of her health visits and things like that, probably not knowing her and seeing how high she was just yesterday. I found the number and surprisingly she is already set up there, but she hasn't been there since she was about a year and a half old. At least she's been to a doctor before though, I made an appointment for Monday afternoon. That means I can take her and Brandon can hopefully go with me to keep her distracted while I talk with the doctor. Now that that's all figured out, I go to the kitchen to pull out the cereal boxes knowing we'll want a fast breakfast that way we can get out to do Kinsley shopping and food shopping. I walk upstairs to see them heading into Cole and Carter's room, our little princess waking them up is bound to be funny.

3rd Person POV

All the boys are gathered in Cole and Carter's room since they wanna see her finish waking up her brothers. She is too short to be able to climb up on the beds by herself, so Aiden has been lifting her onto the beds so she doesn't have to fight with getting on the beds. She walks towards her Coley's bed first and lays on his chest and starts poking his face. This causes his nose to twitch as he's getting annoyed with someone waking him up, he peeks one eye open to see his baby sister's bright baby blue eyes staring back at him. He smiles and closes his eyes before he hears the cutest whisper "uh-uh C-coley, gots to wakey u-up b-bubba!" and then he opened his eyes and sits up pulling his sister into his lap more. "Okay cutie, I'm awake" Cole says as he looks around the room to see all his older brothers looking at the scene. He looks to the other side of the room to see Carter still asleep so he gets up with Kinsley in his arms and walks to Carter's side of the room. He whispers in her ear, "Hey, you still gotta wake up Car, you wanna jump on his bed and yell at him to wake up?" Kinsley nods her head so fast.

That's exactly what she does too, she jumps on Carter's bed and then jumps onto him yelling "W-WAKEY UPPIE C-CAR CAR" and he jumps awake opening his eyes with a scared look before he sees his baby sister still jumping on his bed. He tries to go back to sleep after he smiles at her, but she pokes his face and says "n-no car-car, n-no m-m-more seepies. He opens his eyes and sits up fully "okay, okay I'm awake now Kins" The little girl smiles now, successful that she woke up all her brothers.

They all end up going downstairs to have cereal, Kinsley is so happy that she gets to have a new type besides boring cheerios. She ends up having Lucky Charms and absolutely loves that there are colorful marshmallows inside, she was fascinated. All the boys find it so cute too, I mean who wouldn't. They all finish breakfast and start to do whatever they need to do to get ready so they can leave at noon, so they can start grocery shopping, and gathering things for Kinsley. They all meet in the living room once they finish getting ready, so they can decide who goes in what car for their shopping adventure. 

Word Count: 1649 words

Published 02/21/2021

Thank you for reading!!! The next chapter will be about them starting to go shopping and fighting over who will be in what car 😮, you already know the brothers will find a way to fight over it. Anyways, I just wanna thank everyone who has been reading my book, voting on it, and commenting on it, it means a lot! I hope you've been liking it!