Chapter Three

"Happy birthday Rin and Yukio!"

The monastery shouted with excitement as they set off those hand-held confetti guns. "What's a birthday?" I asked dumbfounded. They all grew silent and looked at me like I was crazy. "Ah, right...I keep forgetting she's from the demon realm." A priest spoke out as he lightly pinched the bridge of his nose in embarrassment.

"A birthday is the day when you were born." Shiro stated.

"When's your birthday?" Yukio asked.

"We don't have birthdays, plus, our time goes by much faster than yours."

"So, how old are you?" Rin asked.

"I'm 112 years old." I smiled, proud to be alive this long.

"105!?" Rin shouted in disbelief.

"Well, you did say your time goes by differently. How much different is it compared to here?"

"Well, to explain it easily, I'm 15 in human years."

Yukio, Shiro, and Rin proceeded to explain what a birthday was to me and how they celebrate it. Rin would get carried away at times resulting in Yukio hitting him against the head to make him concentrate. "So, how do I know when my birthday is?" I asked wishing we had such a celebration in my home realm. "We don't know for sure but we can have your birthday be the day you moved in." Rin said happily.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙 1 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛꧂

I'm now 16, old enough to enroll at true cross academy like mom said to do, I hope I get in, I want to make her and dad proud. I placed some of my favorite flowers on the dirt in front of me, I then wiped away a tear. "I miss you, Shiro. I'll protect Rin and Yukio for you even if it costs my life. You were a good father to them...and me." I stood up and noticed someone hiding behind a tombstone. I instinctively grabbed my katana and was ready to fight. But the person quickly came out with their arms up in surrender.

"Rin what do you want?" I sighed letting go of my sword.

"Protecting Yukio and me huh? What makes you think you can protect us?" Rin snarked.

"Because I promised your father before he died and I'm much stronger than you'll ever be." I growled.

I was mad he eavesdropped, I looked down at (F/n) and then looked back up at Rin. "Let's go pack our stuff." She meowed and we walked back inside and headed to my room. I gathered my stuff from my bed and got ready to go enroll, "Come on (F/n)!" I said to my familiar, she came trotting up to me and meowed rubbing her head on my leg.

'Where are we going?'

"To enroll into true cross academy as mom said."

I said picking up my backpack, I put my hoodie up, tucked my tail in and walked out the door, and closed it once (F/n) walked out. Rin walked out as well and called for me, I turned around and waved. "Wanna carpool? Some guy is picking me up." I nodded and smiled. "That would be nice." Rin then almost got run over by a pink long car, the door opened and a guy popped out dressed like a fancy clown. "He looks like a clown..." Rin whispered, I quietly laughed, I have been living with him for about a year now and we grew quite close. Yukio and I were just as close too.