Chapter Nine

"Alright! The first semester is done!" I beamed jogging down the stairs of the school.

"You got that right!" Rin said happily.

I made it to the bottom of the staircase and turned around, waiting for Rin to catch up. But then I saw some of our classmates behind Rin. They talked with Rin for a bit as other students kept walking by and made their way home. Shima was hitting on Izumos' friend and offered his number to her. He had a piece of paper with his number on it as he waved it from side to side. A poor attempt to tempt her into taking the paper.

"Ooh gimme that!" I said as I yanked the paper from his hand.

Shima turned and looked at me, he was blushing and Izumo and her friend looked shocked. As did Bon and Konekomaru, however, Rin looked hurt. 'Why does Rin look hurt?' I couldn't help but think I accidentally did something to him. I was about to ask him what was wrong but Shima started to speak.

"I didn't know you were into me." Shima said smugly.

"Huh? No, you're my friend, I just want to spam you with memes over summer break." I looked at him confused.

Rin's face softened and his expression turned into relief. He then busted out laughing, he began laughing so hard he started crying. I looked at him confused. "You got friend-zoned so hard!" Rin said between laughs, this made Izumo and her friend giggle. Shima sighed and looked disappointed. Did I lead him on somehow and not know or is it just because he got on a crush on me somehow?

Humans confuse me...

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

"Oh, this is going to be amazing!" I yelled as I grabbed my bag and put it on my back as if it was nothing.

Rin, Yukio, and I seemed to be the only ones not struggling to carry our bags through the woods. Rin was even carrying Shura's bag. I was constantly looking at every plant and tree, taking in all the new smells and sights. "Have you ever been out in the woods?" Yukio asked me curiously. I turned around and looked at him with a serious face. "Not even once." I turned back around and found a round smooth and shiny rock. I gasped loudly and picked it up. "What? What's wrong?" Rin asked coming up to my side, I took his hand and dropped the rock into his hand.

"I found a cool rock!" I smiled big.

He looked down at the rock and smiled softly then looked back at me. He gave me the rock back.

"You're cute when you get excited."

And with that, he walked up ahead to where Yukio and Shura were. "I'm keeping this rock." I mumbled to myself as I shoved it into my pocket. I touched my cheek and it was warm to the touch but warmer than usual. We made it to a clearing in the forest and we all stopped walking. We sat our bags down and listened to Yukio's instructions. The guys were going to start a fire and put up tents while we gals, got to put up our protection seals. I grabbed some chalk and started drawing the protection seal. Once I finished I put the chalk away and sat down on the ground drinking some water from my bottle.

It's now night time and we finished eating dinner, which Rin kindly made. "I always forget how good of a cook you are Rin." I said finishing my plate. "How? I make dinner every night!" He stated confused. "Every night?" Izumo asked confused. "Yukio, (Y/n), and I live in the same dorm by ourselves." Rin explained. Shima started to mumble as he had his perverted daydream face. Rin, who was sitting right next to him, smacked him on the back of his head. "I said not to talk about her like that!" Rin growled. 'So it was me he defended a while back.. so sweet.' I thought to myself.